Old and New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old and New

I am quite new to the world of scroll sawing. In fact I just purchased my first scroll saw this week--- a DW 288. Really looking forward to starting my learning curve. I am sure this forum will be a huge help to me along the way --- so watch for my questions.

I am an old hand at other aspects of woodworking and have been making cabinets and furniture for many years now.

Lets see if this old dog can learn a couple of new tricks.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
    Reply to FInished Product
    by jim_mex
    Beautiful inspiring work Tony!

Glad to hear that the Kobalt saw worked out very well.

FYI - I took delivery last week of a SKILSAW 8 1/4" blade portable table saw to assist in cutting pieces for segmented bowl work which I was very pleased to find out of the box was set...
    Today, 10:58 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to FInished Product
    by Rolf
    Really nice turning!
    Today, 09:12 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to The Viking
    by Rolf
    This is the definition of spalting, Basically it changes the color of parts of the wood as it decays. Turners love it.
    "Spalting is any form of wood coloration caused by fungi. Although primarily found in dead trees, spalting can also occur in living trees under stress. Although spalting...
    Today, 09:10 AM
  • Gary beasley
    Reply to Vases
    by Gary beasley
    You should try the dragon vase pattern as well. I first made mine after Steve published his first pdf vase book by swapping in one of his dragon motifs from the online library. Thats a really good way to increase your supply of patterns. I think Steve liked it because the dragon was included in the...
    Today, 08:33 AM
  • jim_mex
    Reply to Workshop extension and major facelift - a work in progress
    by jim_mex
    Hey Tim - it's been a while pal! Great to hear from you.

Point taken care of! Yesterday I ordered 3 sheets of 3/4" of construction plywood to be delivered this morning to start mounting the roof

Check your private messages ...

Cheers
    Today, 08:27 AM
Working...
X