Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Texas

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dennis. I just tried to post an intro a few min. ago but it didn't post. So I'm trying again. If it happens to post in the future then sorry about that.

Anyway I live in Texas and am new to this forum and to Scroll saws. I have several projects in mind and I though that I could put my Hitachi Scroll saw to good use. I acquired it a couple of years ago but never really used it. I came to this forum to learn some things that could help me make my projects come true.

Regards,
    Dennis
    Visit NemoCam.com to learn about the Hitachi VK series chasiss cameras.

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome . What projects do you have in mind?
      Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
      "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Texan! This forum has a lot of talent from which to draw on and they all are willing to help. There are a lot of free patterns in the pattern vault also.

Once again welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hi Y'all,
          Hi Hammer I'm in South East Texas in the Beaumont area. Jim as for projects. Well at the moment I don't have any ideas for anything intricate. I figure I just need to start using my Hitachi saw. The more I use it the more I will get used to it the more ideas I will get. Right now I just need to get some blades to cut 1/8" aluminum. I need to cut 3 7-1/2' disks with a 2" hole in the center. Very simple. I have a board mounted to my saw with a pin in it. I have drilled the aluminum in the center to go over the pin. I'll drill the 2" hole after the 7-1/2 circle is cut out. I'll then drill holes in a bolt circle at 6-1/2". All this to mount my Surveillance cameras. Another project is some flat parts for a Pan Tilt Zoom camera I'm making. You can see a little bit of what I mean on my web site nemocam.com. go to "Projects" then Hitachi VK-S434R PTZ. In the future I would like to make some Christmas ornaments from wood or Brass. I have been wanting to make Christmas ornaments for years. I just never had the saw to do it. I still need to find some patterns though. I acquired my Hitachi a couple years ago. I never really used it for much other than cutting circuit boards to
          size. If you have any questions about anything you see on the web site or anything else feel free to e-mail me.

Regards,
          Dennis

Comment

Welcome Dennis, I live in Paris, Texas and am a newbie also. I can tell you that the folks on this forum have been soooo helpful.

Tony (Toneman)

Comment

Hi All,
              I'm in the Beaumont TX. area. To answer Jim's question. At the moment I'm working on a simple disk of 1/8" aluminum with a 2" hole in the middle. I ordered some blades from Mike's Workshop a few min. ago. I have no other way of cutting out the 7-1/2" circles that I need. It will be used for mounting PTZ Surveillance cameras. I also plan on making some Christmas tree ornaments from Wood or Brass & Copper. Also some parts for my PTZ camera design.

Regards,
              Dennis

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X