Stopping in to say hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping in to say hello

Hello!! I have finally taken the plunge and registered!! I have been lurking for quite some time, but decided that I wanted to join in on the fun that goes on here!! Allow me to introduce myself:

My name is Cathy Young and I live near the very small town of Overton, Nebraska with my husband Kent. Together, we have taken dance lessons for the past 7 years which we truly love. About 3 1/2 years ago I was looking for something else to occupy some of my spare time. We were shopping in a home improvement store one day when I found it!! They were demonstrating a scroll saw. We bought one that day and I have been scrolling ever since. We took a class at the community college where the teacher sparked my interest in compound cuts. I call them “magic cuts” because you cut one side, turn it, cut the other side and out pops something wonderful. I learned just enough in that class to know I wanted more.

Since then I have cut lots of different things. I like making things like baskets, boxes and banks (I call them the 3 b's). But I'm always looking for something different!! I have been very fortunate to attend the Branson Scrollsaw Picnics the last 3 years which I have thoroughly loved!!

I do still consider myself a "newbie" as I don't get as much time on the saw as I like. I have an extremely stressful job as a criminal records clerk in a very busy court. I needed something for stress relief. That's where my scrollsaw comes in. I don't think about anything when I'm scrolling except the wood and the blade.... life is good!!

Oh my, sorry to ramble on!! I'm looking forward to being a part of this group!! I'm sure that I will learn much more than I can contribute, but I'll give it my best shot!!

Cathy
    Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Welcome Cathy. Scrolling is such a wonderful escape isnt it? I am anxious to learn more about the 3-B's! It sounds interesting and fun, so ramble on at will!!! dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Yes Kathy, we love ramblers here. If you've been scrolling for 3 1/2 years, I have a feeling you'll have contributions to make. I've been scrolling for about 3 1/2 months and some people actually listen to me. Be sure to share some of your completed projects. We're always on the lookout for new ideas.

Welcome aboard.
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Welcome aboard Cathy! Lurk no more! You've found your new home away from home. The 3 b's? Sounds interesting, I would love to see some of your work, see ya around...........
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Welcome, Cathy!
          I hope you will enjoy participating as much as I do.
          Have you tried making puzzles yet? I have lots of fun cutting them.
          Looking foreward to seeing your future posts.
          Sandy

Comment

Hiya !

As a relative newcomer to compound cuts I've got to agree with you that they're an exciting and stimulating form of woodwork. I'm looking forward to seeing any piccies of your work that you might be willing to share with us.

Welcome.

Gill
            There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
            (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Welcome to the group Cathy, your stay here will be a great adventure the folks here are all about incouragment knowledge and motivation they are the best of the best for friends
              Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Welcome to the group
                Charlie
                "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Hi Cathy!! Welcome to our group therapy sessions for scroll saw addicts!!! I know you'll love it here!!! Again, welcome aboard.....and post some pictures of your work....we'd all love to see them!!!
                  If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Hi Cathy,

This may be just what the ordered for you to relax.

As a lurker you have noticed the type of people here are fun loving,good natured, and they like to share on many aspects of life, including scrolling.

We hope you will stay with us a while, and share some of your accomplishments with us. We do not judge, we give constructive criticism in a respectful manner.

Welcome to our corner of the net,
                    Marcel
                    http://marleb.com
                    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

The three B's

Welcome aboard Cathy, I see that I am not the only one interested in seeing some of your 3 B's. As was said above we are one big happy family. We may have to pick on each other once in a while but with the utmost respect. I am sure we would all like to see some photos. So once again WELCOME!!, Steve
                      If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
                      My Gallery
                      [email protected]

Comment

Thank you for the nice welcome!! I'm sure that I will like it here!! If you haven't noticed I have posted some pictures of a couple b's in the Bragging section. Which reminds me I need to post a couple pictures there how you get the money out of the bank!! So I'm off to the Bragging section to do that!! Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of this great group!!!

Cathy
                        Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Hey cathy, hows it going? toby

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X