Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I just signed up this morning to this forum. I have been doing standard woodworking in my Topeka, Kansas garage shop for 20 + years but just started on intarsia a few weeks ago. Now that's all I'm doing. On my fourth project and and have a few more patterns bought. I will be interested in all the help I can get to become an "intarsian".
    Attached Files

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Nice job on the projects.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Wow, I can see you learn very quickly! Beautiful designs and beautiful work!

Comment

Welcome! I think you are an intarsian. There's a lot of information available in the Intarsia forum on this board. If you are on Facebook, we have a large international group of intarsians at Intarsia Nuts which is an open group. Please join us if you like.

Jan

Comment

Welcome and fine work ..............
            Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Yes, very good work there
              Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
              "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

Welcome Lenny! I agree that is some very nice work. I'm looking forward

to seeing some more of your work. Keep em coming!
                Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                  Reply to My covid angel
                  by Rolf
                  Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
                  Today, 09:02 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by Rolf
                  The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
                  Today, 08:49 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to My covid angel
                  by NC Scroller
                  I would start by tracing your piece on a piece of 1/8" (3mm) material and then cut the back our such that it is a fraction smaller that your project. Then I would cut your piece into two pieces. I mean cut the angel from the cloud. I would then put the cloud on the 1.8" backer and then with...
                  Today, 07:27 AM
                • Quartz43
                  Reply to Tough Decisions
                  by Quartz43
                  I understand supporting the magazine and agree. I just do not find many projects that fit my desires.

I would like to see them do a poll with subscribers to find out what type projects people want to see....
                  Today, 05:42 AM
                • GladeFade
                  Reply to My covid angel
                  by GladeFade
                  First off how thick is the board you cut?
                  When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
                  that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
                  for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
                  Yesterday, 11:05 PM
                Working...
                X