Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello, my name is Moreno, I' am a 37 "child" old from Italy. I' d like to became a scrollsawer. Now I search around the web some info. I am father of two little child (5 and 2 year old). I' m a firefighter in Vicenza, 100 km from Venice. Sorry for my bed english. I must learn scrollsaw and English

Hello Moreno. Welcome to the forum.

It's my understanding that scrolling was very popular in Italy many years ago and that classic Italian fretwork patterns are highly regarded, even to this day. I know that a few years ago the (late) founder of our scroll saw club was working with someone in Italy to try & procure some of these wonderful old, 19th century Italian patterns. Is scrolling still popular there? What sources do you have for patterns in your country?
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Hi Bill,
      I' m at the start of scrollsaw.
      In italy is most popular scrollsaw (traforo) but in the italian web there isn' t a lot of model. I' ve seen something in the christmas market, but i have not idea where find some model.
      sorry for my bed English

Comment

Welcome to the best scrollsaw information site,Don't be afraid to ask any questions,there is always ahelping hand here.
        your
        You speak English better tan I can speak yours.
        Welcome and enjoy this sitie and Hobby

Comment

Your English is understandable and better than some natives inthe U.S. So keep it working on it.

You will find that here at this site and in the Scroll Saw magazine that there are a whole bunch of talented people and they are all willing to help or find help for you. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the group.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
            Reply to Scrollsaw cds
            by Rolf
            Yes they are.
            https://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/magazines/cds.html
            I have the complete collection It sure saves me a lot of time trying to find a project....
            Today, 08:20 AM
          • Daddy's scroller
            Scrollsaw cds
            by Daddy's scroller
            Are they still making the scrollsaw woodworks an crafts Cds. An if so where can I get them. I haven't seen them anywhere for awhile. Thanks in advance...
            Yesterday, 08:07 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Weekend project
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Rodney, I will admit I'm in that group. The younger people are too busy with kids and getting a good foothold in careers to have time for hobbies. I know I didn't even start scrolling til my daughter went away to college. I've loved it ever since!
            Yesterday, 04:38 PM
          • Rodney Brown
            Reply to Weekend project
            by Rodney Brown
            Thanks Linda. I have tried a wide (pun intended) verity of thicknesses. I cut a Mother's Day rose that was at least 1 1/2 inches thick. That's where I learned that I was doing too much pushing against the blade and not letting the blade and saw do the work. The thin strips between frets would cut through...
            Yesterday, 04:33 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Weekend project
            by Linda In Phoenix
            Hi Rodney! Nicely cut. I love the black backing especially.
            Your explanation for the thin 1/4" wood makes total sense when it comes to framing. I did a detailed Iwo Jima on 1/4" as well as 1/8" thick, both framed. The feedback I got from a 60-90 year old group of guys was the...
            Yesterday, 04:19 PM
          Working...
          X