Saying Hello.. I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying Hello.. I'm new

Hello folks! I am new here. I use a scroll saw to do part of my work for my etsy shops. I make custom wedding cake toppers and toys, specializing in portrait styles. I also use a colwood wood burner and I paint my work with watercolor--which kind of looks like stain, and finish with beeswax eventually after a sealing--so they are 'natural' for a little niche market on etsy that enjoys natural/ eco friendly toys etc.

I have a blog at pokeberrypatch.blogspot.com
    and look forward to learning more about scroll sawing here.

I'm actually fairly new to scroll saw--just started using mine about year ago. I inherited from my dad, he died around 15 yrs ago. We kids had bought it for him not long before he passed away of a brain tumor. He had hoped to use it--but it was not to be. Instead it came to me. I am the 'artsy' person in the family. When I got it I was super busy raising my 4 kids and it wasn't until now when I am enjoying grandma-hood that I had time to play with my toy.

Now I am at the point where I know I am lacking in knowledge about tools and needing to learn more to up my skill and also to start upgrading tools. I decided to find a community of scroll saw people to visit in hopes of learning and making friends.

Well that's me. I will now continue on to ask a question in another thread. Glad to meet yas!
    Mary
    Ready, Fire, ... Aim!

My blog: Pokeberry Patch

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures. You will find we are not a judgmental group.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome "a-board" Mary, glad you found us. Lots of friendly, helpful people here, and lots of info in the threads. Have you considered subscribing to the scroll saw magazine put out by Fox Chapel Publishing, the sponsors of this forum? It's a great magazine. Look on the left hand side to subscribe. I am not affiliated with Fox Publishing, just a very happy camper.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

good idea

I have seen the magazine, have a copy.. subscribing is a good idea.. will consider it.
        Ready, Fire, ... Aim!

My blog: Pokeberry Patch

Comment

Welcome to the forum Mary!
          Frieke
          www.friewoodart.webs.com

Visit Frieke's gallery

Don't let the pain of your past and the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X