New Scroller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scroller

Hello all I am Mark from Ohio. Very new to using a scroll saw. I have only had a saw for about 8 weeks. Everything I have attemped so far is very basic to what I see some of you do. I am amazed at some of the great works of art that some of you make. I will never be able to do that. I have learned alot the last few weeks reading on this site. I have attemped to make a few things for the Grandkids for Christmas but nothing like everyone here makes. Thanks alot for all the information I have learn so far and hope to lean more.

Welcome aboard, I too am fairly new only been on here a couple of weeks. You are so right some of these projects done by the experienced scrollers are beautiful, only hope I can get that good one day. Only takes a lot of practice I am told.
    Bob making sawdust in SW Louisiana
    with a EX-21

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You are going to amaze yourself with the projects you turn out. All you have to do is jump right in and try. Practice is the answer. Good thing practicing is so much fun with these saws.

Jan

Comment

Welcome aboard.
        Learning the art of scroll saw.

Comment

Welcome aboard !
          Keep scrolling and this time next year look at items you've done now and see how much you have improved. There is a wealth of info and knowledge here if you have problems just ask and someone will jump in to help answer your question. Also we like pictures so post often.
          Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Rolf
              Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
              That is...
              Today, 08:15 AM
            • Jimern
              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
              by Jimern
              The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
              Today, 06:29 AM
            • will8989
              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
              by will8989
              The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
              Yesterday, 11:10 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Farmers market
              by will8989
              Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
              Yesterday, 10:31 PM
            • tgiro01
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by tgiro01
              Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
              Yesterday, 09:38 PM
            Working...
            X