Green as a gill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green as a gill

Just stay with it and keep your head high - you'll get it done .For when I started I had no idea that it would become my main hobby either . I was and have made alot of bigger items until I finally started making the small crafts and them the whole thing blew up for me ............Good luck ............MB
    Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

BTredway, sounds like your wife knows how to treat a man. Let us know what saw you have & blades, kind of wood you are using & don't let it get you down. Just keep on going & you will enjoy your hobby. Let us see what your gift looks like. We like to look at all the things others make. Just enjoy looking at them. Good Luck
        PERK

Comment

Comment

Just think...if you would have started using that saw in 2006 when she REALLY wanted you to make her something with it, you wouldnt be rushing now to get this piece done!! I can say though, I am guilty too of getting a new tool and then things come up and I never get around to taking it out of the box ( my Guinivere sanding system is just one example), so I know where your coming from there.
            And heres one to mention to your wife... Dale wants a new Jet mini lathe since you mentioned "The wife loves tools. I have to be careful about my comments to her concerning tools, or the next Birthday/Christmas/etc..... There it is. " Mybe she will buy me some new tools!!!
            Welcome aboard !
            Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
              Today, 06:47 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Plastic puzzle
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
              Today, 06:38 PM
            • Jim Finn
              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
              by Jim Finn
              The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
              Today, 04:48 PM
            • MidMich324
              Reply to Plastic puzzle
              by MidMich324
              Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
              Today, 03:57 PM
            • RJweb
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by RJweb
              As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
              Today, 03:42 PM
            Working...
            X