Hello from a colonial Aussie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a colonial Aussie

G'day to everybody on the other side of the world. I reside on the western side of Australia, otherwise known as Western Australia. Have just built, and my shed just completed so I will soon be set-up and ready to learn a lot from all the woodies out there. I am a bit late on the introduction but the time difference threw me a bit. Anyway, here I am, 70 years young and going OK.
    Sally

Welcome to the forum Sally, glad to have another Aussie here.

JerryS

Comment

Thanks JerryS, Which part of our lovely land are you from?. Not sure where DeLand is but am assuming Florida. Long way from home. I am really looking forward to getting back into doing some woodwork and scrolling as we have been caravanning for some time. nice talking to you.
      Sally

Comment

Welcome to the site and forum, Sally. It is good that we have another good member to add to the pics and projects on here. Any questions will be answered with many answers most times. Have a great sawing time.

Comment

G'day Sally,
          I'll be buggered you are just around the cnr.
          I was dragged up in Greenbushes.Now in Kal

Welcome to forum and a nicer group of people you'd have a hard job finding anywhere.
          Regards
          John
          "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
          Some of my Stuff
          Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Welcome Sally glad you joined, great place for information, sharing project photos (hint), and camaraderie. Come by often, you won't be sorry.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Welcome Sally, hope you like it here. A great bunch of people here. Let us know what you like to do in scrolling & yes, let us see some of your work too. Have a Great time scrolling.
              PERK

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. There's some fantastic scrolling/woodwork out there and
                really enjoyed looking. I hope I can do half as good.
                Sal

Comment

Hi John B, Have been in Bunbury for about 12 months, but many moons ago was brought up in Yanmah/Manjimup. Departed and did 8 years in WRAAF among other things. I have a nephew (retired now) who did quite a stint in the Police Force, (TRG etc). Anyway, Kal's a nice spot if the heat doesn't get you. 16 years in Carnarvon & Geraldton cured me. Anyway, thanks for the welcome.
                  Sal

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by Rolf
                    Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                    That is...
                    Today, 08:15 AM
                  • Jimern
                    Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                    by Jimern
                    The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                    Today, 06:29 AM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                    by will8989
                    The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                    Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                    Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                  • tgiro01
                    Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                    by tgiro01
                    Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                    Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                  Working...
                  X