Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• martzy
    replied
    Oh Oily. You don't know what you're missing. And it's not as dirty as it sounds.
    Basic Game Play

The game is played with 2 or 4 players (preferably 4).
    The boards will be placed 27 feet apart slanted toward each other (my family does 21 feet).
    Team partners face each other from OPPOSITE BOARDS.
    Play starts at either board with all eight bags.
    Each team plays with a set of 4 bags and each team has their own color bag.
    Opponents alternate tosses until all 8 bags are played.
    The round is then scored (see scoring).
    Repeat the play from the other end and the highest scoring team from the previous throw goes first.
    Scoring
    The first team to get 21 or more points wins! Some people play that you have to score 21 exactly.
    A team earns 1 point for bags on the board, they can’t hit the ground and then
    bounce on the board, nor can they be touching the ground. It is appropriate to
    remove all bags from the board that hit the ground first, this is done before play is continued.
    A team earns 3 points for bags that go into the hole. They must go completely in the hole. Bags that are hanging in the hole only count for 1 point. If your opponent knocks your bag into the hole you still get the 3 points.
    The score is the difference in the team totals. For example: After 1 round or 8 bags played; Team #1 has thrown 1 bag into the hole and three off the board, their total then is 3 points. Team #2 has thrown 1 bag on the board and three off the board, there total then is 1 point. You subtract team #2’s score from team #1’s score and the total score for the round is team #1 earns 2 points.
    Selection of Players and Stance
    Players can use any method to determine sides (ie. coin flip, rock-paper-scissors) or a toss closest to the hole (a coin flip is used in tournament play). You should also use the same method to see which team goes first.
    Where you stand is a personal preference as long as you don’t cross the foul line which is an imaginary line that is even with the front of the board.

Leave a comment:

• oily
    replied
    OK I give up. What's corn hole?

Leave a comment:

• martzy
    replied
    What's the thin blue line? Is it a game too? We play cornhole not stop around here all summer.

Leave a comment:

• wood-n-things
    replied
    Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Take some time to read the bylaws of the forum. We do not allow open/direct selling on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Garros Games
    started a topic N00b

N00b

Greetings one and all. I am a recently retired copper who hadn't done much woodworking since junior high shop class. Bored in retirement, I decided to put a small shop in the garage. The first thing I made was a set of cornhole boards for my son. A picture ended up on the book of face and orders started coming in which resulted in the founding of Garro's Games.

A few weeks ago I spotted an old Craftsman scroll saw at an estate sale and picked it up for a fair price. I have been playing around with it since, just trying to get the hang of it and developing a technique. I can't wait until I develop the skills to execute the more complicated designs.

I am enjoying reading the wealth of information in these forums. Thank you to those who share your knowledge. I have included a photo of an example cornhole set and my first Gamecock themed Thin Blue Line scroll saw project.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X