new to the group...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the group...

Hello Group: I am new to this group and this is my first post - so hello to all. I am a beginner and have a Dewalt DW788 which was purchased for me as a holiday gift about 5 or 6 years ago. I have used it for several projects over the last several years and I love it. I really love this hobby and so glade I got the scroll saw. However, if I was to go and purchase one again – I would try to test out a few models if possible (some tool distributors have floor models) before ordering online. Very interesting comments from the group about Dewalt. I work in the tool manufacturing industry in the product development area and I have heard similar complaints about Dewalt tools recently.I work for a company (Arrow Fastener) we make staple guns, glue guns, brad nail guns, etc...) Well I am happy to be part of this group. Best regards, Gregg

I moved your thread to a more appropriate forum to maximize traffic and get you more responses to your post.
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 11-15-2011, 07:35 PM.

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Mike. Thank you for moving my post to the correct area. I am very excited to be part of this group. Reading through some of the posts is very cool to see others with similar questions and journey. At this point I have completed a couple of projects and I will send photos (Where do I do that?) I work full time in an office job but love to work with my hands. This hobby is so great because it is creative and at the same time allows me to get saw dust in my hair. My first real project was a picture frame with morning glory flowers that was in woodworks and crafts magazine I think it was designed by Sheila Landry - now I am trying to navigate my way through an intarsia project and have been reading about it - Janette Square has put together a lot of information in the same magazine and now I am getting the courage to try it. She is am amazing artist. Well off to work - but I am looking forward to creating some saw dust this weekend. BTW - I see you are from HamiltonMontana - I have been to Chico Hot Springs - it is so beautiful there - and I had the best rib-eye-steak in Hamilton. Look forward to future posts. Gregg

Comment

Hello Group:
        This is my second post to the site and just wanted to share one of my projects I am proud of - I made this frame for my wife. This group is so great thank you for the inspiration and information to help beginners like me. Gregg
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi group:

I just posted a photo of a picture frame that I made. Now I am posting a photo showing the back of the frame. If you zoom in you will see how I messed up and did not make a recess for a backer! I guess I should have made this before cutting. What is the best way to cut a recess/rabett in the back now? I recently purchased small dremel router bit set but have not used them yet. Is this the most effective method? Gregg
          Attached Files

Comment

I like your picture frame. It is very pretty.
            I don't have scrollsaw yet, but plan on getting one soon. And I do want to try some intarsia and fret work. (I have had a bandsaw for years...and loved it.)
            My ears perked up when you said that some tool distributors have floor models you can check out.....I would love to do that before I purchase.
            I live in Arkansas so I'm not sure where I'll be able to find any floor models that can give me a demonstration.

Comment

Hi Catlyn, Not sure here you are in Arkansas but it may be worth a try to go to one of the manufacturers web site like Dewalt and and search for a retailer. Call them up and see if they will let you try before you purchase. Just a thought. I have a band saw also but as soon as I started using the scroll saw I was hooked. It is a lot of fun and my kids are very excited about trying it as well. Gregg

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X