Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie! :)

Hi everyone!
    I've joined today as well as subscribed to the magazine!
    I know you might think this is crazy, since I don't even have any woodworking tools, machines OR experience! lol

But I just bought myself a new toy...a CO2 laser, and I've been doing the same kinds of things with it as you do with a scrollsaw. I just can't make round stuff....I mean like a ball.

Anyway, glad to be here. I love to see everyone's work, and learn from you all that have been doing this a while! And maybe someday I'll be able to contribute as well.

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth, and welcome! What a delight to see the number of women who are into woodworking! I'd sure love to see some of your work and hear about how you create it, and what woods you like to work with! Seems to me some of the threads on finishing projects would be interesting for you? Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
        Reply to My covid angel
        by Rolf
        Great designe! I would have gone a bit further than Linda, Scott and Gladefade I would cut it into more pieces to make shaping easier. Taper the clouds from right to left, taper the wings so that they are lower where they attach to the body. Taper the neck so that it looks like it is going into the...
        Today, 09:02 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Rolf
        The never ending dilemma. I only get two magazines SSWWC and Wood carving Illustrated. Even if I don't make something in every issue there is usually something in each one that I have never tried and that will either challenge or inspire me. Yes I know that I do test cutting for them and they have occasionally...
        Today, 08:49 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Reply to My covid angel
        by NC Scroller
        I would start by tracing your piece on a piece of 1/8" (3mm) material and then cut the back our such that it is a fraction smaller that your project. Then I would cut your piece into two pieces. I mean cut the angel from the cloud. I would then put the cloud on the 1.8" backer and then with...
        Today, 07:27 AM
      • Quartz43
        Reply to Tough Decisions
        by Quartz43
        I understand supporting the magazine and agree. I just do not find many projects that fit my desires.

I would like to see them do a poll with subscribers to find out what type projects people want to see....
        Today, 05:42 AM
      • GladeFade
        Reply to My covid angel
        by GladeFade
        First off how thick is the board you cut?
        When I want something to stand out I use backer-boards 1/8 thick to get the depth.
        that means you would have to cut the big cutting into pieces to put the spacer behind.
        for instance the cloud bottom right which his hand is on I would put maybe...
        Yesterday, 11:05 PM
      Working...
      X