Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomsunnu

Greetings from India
    I am recently retired person after working 32 years in the Persian gulf.
    I have simply fallen head over heals in this new found hobby of scrolling,done a lot of research and visited many websites to collect valuable information and in some cases I got tremendous encouragement from the famous artist and here I wish to mention one particular ,very good person Mr Steve Good.
    My PROXXON saw is on it's way from Germany and it looks like I have done my homework,God willing it will be a good start,seeking your help and guidance in making my hobby a success !
    Thank you for accepting me in your forum.
    God bless !
    Mahendra

I know your excited to get that new saw in and to get started. You will have a lot of fun. Let us know how you like the Proxxon.

-----------Randy
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

There are so many patterns out there that you should be able to get all the practice you can , hope you enjoy your new hobby and welcome as well............M ....
      Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for welcoming me to this forum . The small tour which i have taken in the Q&A section did help me in some of the questions I had in my mind,I have a great feeling inside me that I am going to have a long friendship with all you gentlemen and someday become a good at this art form.
          In my part of the world this hobby is unheard of so the resources are limited as DIY trend is yet to hit our shores.
          I will succeed in this art! come what may!
          God bless

Comment

Best of luck and let us follow your progress by sharing pictures with us. If you need any help just shout.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Tomsunnu, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your new saw & good luck with all the learning that is available to you. Just one word of advice, be sure to use good quality blades. It will make the saw more enjoyable to use, & easier to cut patterns. Hope everything goes well & good luck. Don't forget to ask questions too.
              PERK

Comment

Welcome from another beginner!

My father is a master woodworker and taught it in schools for 32 years. I have taken the hobby up later in my life. My Dad came for a visit this past Christmas and was very polite in looking over my meager endeavors.

He gave me one of the best pieces of advice when it comes to wood working - whether it is lathe turnings, scrolling, or making furniture. He said: "Make the project so you're happy with it. It makes no difference if someone else likes it or approves of it. If you're happy with how it turned out, then it's a masterpiece".

I offer this advice to you from one beginner to another because I look at what others do and wonder if I can ever make something even close to their level of complexity or art quality. But then I remember what my Dad said and smile knowing my work, however meager, still looks pretty darn good to me!
                "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"Make the project so you're happy with it. It makes no difference if someone else likes it or approves of it. If you're happy with how it turned out, then it's a masterpiece". - My Dad 2010

Comment

Mahendra, welcome to the forum.

Bob
                  Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Thanks! SOMartin

Waiting very eagerly for the scroll saw to arrive and i am sure after a months of sincere practice I will be able to attempt a easy project and will always remember the advice given to you by your Dad.
                    I will surely post the photo for our well experienced artists on this forum for comments.
                    God bless!

Comment

The saw has arrived and was a bit surprised to notice the table looks a bit small,maybe a little modification is required with a laminated ply to slightly extend it.
                      The practice of straight lines,V cuts,wave and loops is on,there was a major confusion with the blades as it did not match the type and the numbers which I usually saw while visiting various websites. Thanks to Mike after I visited his website I learned a few tips about the blades .the blades which I ordered along with the saw have no types(reverse tooth or skip tooth and so on).
                      I have started practicing with what I have and as I progress I will order for the beginners pack then proceed further.
                      Thought I should share this with you gentlemen :-)
                      Thanks!

Comment

Bit disappointed !

Originally posted by hotshot View Post
                        I know your excited to get that new saw in and to get started. You will have a lot of fun. Let us know how you like the Proxxon.

-----------Randy
                        The scrollsaw has come,started practicing on straight lines,curves,loops and the other shapes all was going well,till I tried to use the pin less blade . The blade started to slip from the clamps no matter how hard I tried,called the dealers technician even he was not successful!! Now the have registered a complaint with PROXXON Germany awaiting response! A bit of a disappointment there as I was all set to do some creative work! Well just thought that I shall share this and make my sadness a bit less:-)
                        Hopefully it should be sorted out quickly!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X