Greetings from Ohio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Ohio!

Hello all ,just wanted to say what a wonderful site this is , it has already been most helpful.
    I am fairly new to woodworking ,have been doing it for about a year now and have just recently discovered the joy of scrolling i bought a Delta scrollsaw (unsure of model number or size )for 50 dollars off of a gentleman who decided he couldnt have anything but the best and i am having a blast ,mostly cutting out name plaques for people .
    again this is a great site that I am sure I will frequent a lot!

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome Widget. You will enjoy this site more and more over the years. I am near Zanesville and have been scrolling over 25 years and still love it. Somedays more than others, but always good.

Comment

Thanks pmac ...I am sure i will be asking a lot of questions as i am a very curious person and always want to learn how to do things the right way ...by the way my saw is a 16" delta it only has two speeds high and low

Comment

welcome from ohio feel free to ask any questions you may have. everyone here is a great bunch
          Tricia

Comment

Welcome aboard from SouthWest OH.
            Eric

Liberty Twp (Cincinnati), OH

If today were perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Widget

Bob
              Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Hi again widget. What area in Ohio are you from. Also post some pics of your work when you get something. Thanks, Paul

Comment

Welcome Widget. I am 15 miles from Toledo. North though...In the "good" state.

Comment

I am 20 minutes north of Dayton just outside a small town called Arcanum, love it in the country , my closest neighbor is a cornfield! lol
                    To tell you the truth I am about half embarrased to post pictures of the stuff i have done it kinda looks like a 3 year olds work compared to a lot of the stuff i look at on here!

Comment

Welcome Widget, you will enjoy this site, a lot of knowledge on here, from sw Ohio, Clinton County, enjoy
                      RDV

Comment

Originally posted by widget View Post
                        To tell you the truth I am about half embarrased to post pictures of the stuff i have done it kinda looks like a 3 year olds work compared to a lot of the stuff i look at on here!
                        Don't worry about that Widget, some of the stuff posted on here looks the same way, especially mine. Who knows, by exhibiting, someone may help you do better.
                        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Thanks ChuckD!

Comment

don't worry widget we all was beginers at one time. you get better with practice. so feel free to show us your work. i'm sure it's better than you think' we are our own worst critic.
                            Tricia

Comment

as soon as i figure out how to post a pic i will! lol

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• wjbclocks1
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by wjbclocks1
                                Enjoy life, Congrat....
                                Today, 01:30 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Jim McDonald
                                Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                                Today, 01:24 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                Big week here
                                by Jim McDonald
                                Well friends quite a week here on the prairie.
                                Long back story, but our son was adamant we get a fast response COVID test last Saturday, so we could attend an outdoor gathering of his girlfrigirlfriend's family. About an hour into the ATV and dirt bike riding, he got off the 4-wheeler and dropped...
                                Today, 01:20 PM
                              • Quartz43
                                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                                by Quartz43
                                Earlier, I posted a question on where to get them. Someone suggested Amazon and that is where I got them.
                                Today, 01:08 PM
                              • jim_mex
                                New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi all - our recent home remodeling project has involved me getting back into my workshed after a lengthy absence to do some work to 'assist' the workmen on the job plus I now have a string of home furniture projects to look at undertaking now we have moved back into our home.

I decided...
                                Today, 01:07 PM
                              Working...
                              X