The Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Map

There is a map of the location of some of the members of the SSWC forum here
    This is not part of the forum but a fun novelty to see who and where your friends are.

Members are more than welcome to put their pin in the map.
    The map also has a sattelite function that will allow you to zoom an arial view of the different neighborhoods.
    Because of this feature you may want to just put your city in and not your address.

There are members from all over the world here, you may want to slide the map around and see who lives where.

As an added bonus there is also a chatroom. We do not have a chat schedule set up at this time but if there is enough interest one could be established.

The map site is not a replacement for a forum and although it has facilities to post pictures it would be prefered, pictures of your work be posted here on the SSWC forum.

Be safe and have fun.

Carl
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Changes

Today the people at Myfrapper changed the format of the maps from Java to Flash.
    This should result in faster loading and ease of compatibility

At first I couldn't even see the map but now, after clearing my cache and cookies I can.

The layout has changed and so has the resolution of the satellite images.
    There are also some minor issues with the chat program.

I have contacted the Frapper support team and as soon as I have more info I will pass it on.

Thanks for your patience
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Carl for some reason I can't bring up the map with everybody's location. The one I bookmarked doesn't work or the link you have on your post.

Bob
      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Hi Bob

If you're using MS Internet Explorer as your browser, go to Tools - Internet Options, then select Delete Cookies and Delete Files.

If you visit the map again, you should be able to see it. Shout out if you still have problems or if you're using a different browser.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

What ever the reason, I now get the map.

Bob
          Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I did get feedback from the folks at frapper, they were very quick and friendly with the response.

First the change to Flash from java may make it necessary to clear your cache.
            The chat function will be as a separate window, which is a bonus because it floats.
            The other problem with the chat window is the name shows up as guest with a number. A little confusing when chatting with several people and you have no way of knowing their identity.
            They are working on a resolution to that issue.

Speaking of resolution. I do not see them getting it to the resolution that it used to be. The function is not really to map out how many horses there are in Taffy's field, although that was soooo cool. The Flash version will be quicker and more compatable. small trade off. we still can mark generally where we live.

I really dont want the location to my house that accurate on the net anyway...... that is a little creepy

I still encourage members to post your locations. It is funny to see that Gill in England is actually closer to Fox Chapel than Barry is in Alaska.

Have fun Carl
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller
              It is funny to see that Gill in England is actually closer to Fox Chapel than Barry is in Alaska.
              Hrumph! It doesn't make any difference to the delivery time for my copies of SSW&C.

Perhaps someone from the magazine could tell me how much more expensive overseas subscriptions would be if delivery was to be made by airmail?

Gill

PS - I've just noticed that Neal's current location on the map is just south of Ghana on the Equator ! Have been recalled back to the navy, Neal?
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Nice to know where folks are from!! Glad this was started!

Sue Chrestensen

Comment

Ok, I've tried 3 times to add myself to the map. What's the code they want?
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller
                    The function is not really to map out how many horses there are in Taffy's field, although that was soooo cool.
                    Glad that you got a kick out of that Carl! That picture was taken approximately 4 years ago - we had 12 horses at that point, now sadly we only have 10. Well, to be more specific, 2 horses and 8 Shetland ponies.

Regards

Gary
                    Gary

My saw - Axminster AWSF18

Comment

Carl- I have tried to get my map open at least a dozen times.. I have done the cookies and the files and empting my cache and it still won't show. I do have the lasted version of flash so can yoou tell me how to get the map to show up. everything else works fine.
                      Sharon

Comment

Well, I finally got myself moved to where I belong!!!! Really neat satellite view of my area!!! I actually live about 1/2 mile from where the pin landed but that's close enough!!! Great to see where everyone else lives!!!
                        If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Originally posted by SharonW0111
                          Carl- I have tried to get my map open at least a dozen times.. I have done the cookies and the files and empting my cache and it still won't show. I do have the lasted version of flash so can yoou tell me how to get the map to show up. everything else works fine.
                          Sharon
                          Not sure what else would work Sharon so I have included a link to the MyFrappr help line
                          I know I still cant get it at work but I am only using flash 6 there and they never want to update incase we spend too much time online
                          Hope this helps. They are really fast with replies. I am really impressed with the customer service.
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

I just upgraded to Flash 9 at work and even the chat works now.
                            I am not sure what will work for Sharon.
                            Maybe try this link http://www.frappr.com/sswc I am not sure but it may help.
                            Email me if you have trouble Sharon
                            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

I have a hard time also getting on the map and yet I am on another one of the same type of maps and had no trouble there.
                              Dragon
                              Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                              Owner of a Dewalt 788
                              PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by meflick
                                got mine in the mail today. Thanks.Cute and befitting. Now I need to know how it’s made/what it’s made from. (On everyone gets theirs of course.)...
                                Yesterday, 08:21 PM
                              • Jo Labre
                                Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
                                by Jo Labre
                                At the time I thought "Ah, spit!" (or words like that) and just threw the blade in the garbage. It was the #5 size blade. I suspect it would cost more to have it done than the cost of a new blade. The owners manual is not very helpful, the wording is awkward, having been 'translated' into...
                                Yesterday, 11:13 AM
                              • hotshot
                                by hotshot
                                The brazing process doesn't look too bad. I have seen the welders built into the industrial bandsaws, so out of curiosity, I looked that up and that process is pretty cool to watch also, though trying that on something this small would probably light the whole thing up....
                                Yesterday, 10:14 AM
                              • Rolf
                                by Rolf
                                Jo, I did a bit of research on the web, and there are lots of videos of people silver soldering broken blades. In hindsight I remember I had made a jig eons ago to do just that, when I still had a small Craftsman bench top three wheeler....
                                Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to About ornament exchange and secret Santa exchange
                                by Rolf
                                I haven't even decided what to make!
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              Working...
                              X