need friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need friends

Hello, I have been scrolling for just over 20 years. I enjoy cutting 3-d pictures, wolves, dragons, humming birds etc. The harder the pattern the better I like it . Would like some advise on a new saw. My Excalibur is worn out and am thinking of buying a Dewalt 788. Does any body using one have any problems or opinions of this saw? please let me know here or send me a e-mail. Thanks in advance.

People with the newer Dewalts are having a lot of problems with these saws. In fact one lady is putting together a letter to the company complaining. If it was me I would be getting another Excalibur.

Tom

Comment

I really wish I could sing the praises of the Dewalt saw, as far as it cutting it is really a good saw, the problem for me was the breakdowns. right now my Dewalt is still in the repair shop, its been nearly a month, and my problem is not unique from what I have read. my speed control circuit went out, also at first they did not want to warrantee, the repair, even though it clearly should be, at any rate, this was just my experience I have bought an EX-21, I am hoping to not have the same problems.. many other people have had the Dewalt with no issues,

Comment

Hi Scrollerjack,
        I have had the EX-21 for abou 3 months now and love it. I hope it lasts 20 years. My one question to is, If it lasted 20 years, why not buy the same saw? Just a thought.
        Mark
        Proud new owner of an EX-21

WWW.MGMWOODWORKS.COM

Comment

I'm on my 3rd - 2nd DeWalt (took first one back right away - 2nd one died after 9 months and DeWalt replaced it - 3rd one is not a good one). I used to recommend them to everyone but now I'd be lying if I said I'm having a good experience with them.
          Janette
          www.square-designs.com

Comment

As far as replacement machines go, I'm going through the agony of making a decision

After a lot of research my choice comes down to either an Excalibur or a Hegner clone (cos its a lot cheaper than a genuine Hegner)

But the bottom line would appear to be that taking all the pros and cons into account, the Excalibur comes out on top.

So I'd join in with what others have said and also suggest a new Excalibur
            Last edited by DaveP; 10-07-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

i am using a hegner,
              and after a few niggling problems i find it too be a great saw,if i could afford on i would have bought the EX,but am quite happy with the hegner
              not doing much
              and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Used a 18" Hegner for ten years and only problem was to replace a switch. Couldn't be happier. Did have an Excaliber and didn't like it

Comment

When I first bought my Excalibur 19 inch 14 years ago, Ray at Seyco said that after 5 years they would refurbish my saw for a fee of 100.00 if I desired to have it done. I would have to pay to have it shipped to them but the offer sounded reasonable. Well, long story short, I never had to take advantage of their offer (which they've stopped offering). My saw was running so well after 10 years that all I ever needed was a few parts that routinely wear out, i.e., the clamping screws (the faces wore out) and the tensioning lever, a total cost of about 30.00. My saw is still going strong. Oh sure, it has a few moans and groans, but nothing that affects its cutting ability.
                  Bottom line...when I need a replacement, it won't be anything but the new 16 inch Excalibur. My Aunt bought one and while I was in PA I had a chance to visit her and play with it some. What a sweet machine.
                  Good luck with your decision.

Bubba
                  "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

I purchased a Delta 40-690 yesterday. So far I really like it. It runs very smoothly and quietly. Like stated, I have had it long. And, it is a Dewalt 788 clone. I do have many saws and over 25 years of sawing, and this saw seems to be OK. Paul

Comment

I have had my Excaliber 30 for about 16years and I am still useing it.

Comment

I just bought my Excaliber yesterday and got a sweet deal. It is so quiet it purrs! If you have a KMS Tools in the area you should check them out. The 16" is on for $499 till the end of the month and the 21" is $814 or you can order them now thru the Sears Tool Book. Sears now sells Craftsman, Dewalt, Excaliber and Hegner!
                        Sherri

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X