Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Folks

Hi,

I found this place from a simple search for wooden handcuffs(I found Pop's). That's nice of him to share. Like helluvawreck, I also hail from LumberJocks. This site looks good too.

I've done various woodworking all my life. I began doing some "Fine woodworking" (Spoken with my best "nose up in the air" accent) about 5 years ago. I've done a little scrollwork here and there. I find myself going to that machine more and more now. I've just gotten word that I can join a group of woodworkers to sell in an Art Gallery and I thought I'd like some of that to be scrollwork. I'm probably at the upper end of the Beginner level. Maybe starting in the Intermediate.

I teach woodworking at WoodCraft in Springfield(VA). I teach Fundamentals, Boxes, Shaving Horse, Hand Cut Dovetails, and am adding more. I like learning new techniques. I'm more of a power tool guy, not much on hand tools.

After a few questions maybe I'll be able to have some work to show for it. I look forward to browsing around and getting to know you folks.

Rance

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hey Rance, Welcome to the forum. I'm Dan from Southern California. Glad you found us!
      I Teach scroll saw at Woodcraft in Ventura, CA. It's a nice place to make a little spending money!
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Wellcome Ya'll from the big state. Rance you have come to the right place for all things scrollsaw......

Comment

how u doen Welcome, This is a great place. Show some pics of you work. We love pic's

www.pajarostudiowns.com
          Excalibur EX-21 fanatic
          One of the Chosen few

"The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated......I am retired!!!!!!!".

Comment

Welcome to the site Rance. I live a couple hours to your South. Right at the NC/VA border. Stop in sometime if you get down this way.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
              Reply to Who has Been Vaccinated ?
              by meflick
              I’m too young yet don’t meet other guidelines. We are still 75 and over or health care workers I believe. My husband is in health care, so he has now gotten both of his shots. At this rate, I figure I will be doing good if I get sometime this summer. Glad hubby got his, figure he was my biggest...
              Yesterday, 09:33 PM
            • Jim McDonald
              by Jim McDonald
              Waiting on Indiana to open the 65 yo group.
              Yesterday, 08:48 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to More toys
              by will8989
              You will bring a smile to the face of whoever gets these....
              Yesterday, 08:39 PM
            • will8989
              by will8989
              Our appt is next week, I think. We are going to another county as ours doesn’t have enough. So they say. First one was cancelled for 2/1 as they had to make sure they had enough for the 2nd shot. Applied the next day and got the same appointment they cancelled. Go figure.
              Yesterday, 08:37 PM
            • Jim Finn
              by Jim Finn
              My wife and I got our first shot a week ago.
              Yesterday, 06:55 PM
            Working...
            X