introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introducing myself

Well folks today I am starting my journey on this site, and I know I have many doubts due to not knowing English, but using the google translator I hope to break the language difficulties, with calm and patience get there.

My name is Leandro live in Bage, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, I am a photojournalist by profession but by the need to be learned as a craftsman and carpenter work and seek always to learn something and that is why I'm here. What little I know I learned in practice alone, reading and asking questions.
    So if I ask too much sometimes sorry is the willingness to learn, I like Intarsia and here in Brazil do not think anything published so the internet is my library, and I dowloads of magazines, photos, videos or all who can help me. And if anyone can help me with projects, tips will be very grateful now.
    A hug to everyone
    Leandro Vargas

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome Leandro! We're glad to have you here. I hope that the Google Translator will work well enough for you to be able to read many of the threads, which are loaded with wonderful examples, tips and instructions! I know people here will be very happy to answer your questions! Have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the site Leandro. Your questions should be answered quickly and correctly on this forum. Of course sometimes you will get varied opinions, but there is a lot of help on here.

Comment

Leandro, if you're especially interested in intarsia, look for the challenges in the Intarsia, Segmentation and Inlay section of this forum. You will find a great deal of information about how to do intarsia as well as things the people doing the challenges learned along the way.

Janette Square has done an excellent series of articles on Intarsia in the Creative Crafts and Woodworking magazine. You can find them on their site under back issues.

Welcome.

Jan

Comment

PatteM, pmac53 e Jan thanks for the reception and hopefully learn a lot from you, not only in Intarsia but in any matter that relates to wood, anyway after it proves the wood is hard to put down.
            Hugs to all
            Leandro

Comment

welcome , feel free to ask questions someone will answer them.
              Tricia

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                by cwmagee
                I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                Today, 05:39 PM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to New tools
                by jim_mex
                Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                Today, 05:26 PM
              • Rolf
                Reply to New tools
                by Rolf
                Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                Today, 04:32 PM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Big week here
                by Rolf
                Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                Today, 04:19 PM
              • jim_mex
                New PC keyboard has an error
                by jim_mex
                Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                Today, 03:47 PM
              Working...
              X