Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired scroll saw instructor...

Hello all,
    Decided to get on this as soon as I saw it. I intend to "pop" in on a regular basis from now on.

I instructed Scrolling all over the U.S. and Canada for 15 years, and loved every minute of it. I have missed the friendship of all those I came in contact with.

I used to own 3 Bears workshop in Citrus Heights Ca., but moved to Sparks NV. when I retired.

I still occasionally do articles/ projects for Fox Chapel. .In fact they published my 2nd book. . My video is still available through Advanced Machinery in Delaware, but my 3 instruction/pattern books are out of publication.

I am so happy to find this group!!! Would love to hear from you..
    Joanne Lockwood

Cool, welcome Joanne. Glad to have you here.
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to you 'popping in'.
      "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Hey Joanne, It's a pleasure to welcome you to the forum! I have read your articles in the scroll saw magazines and I know you will have a lot to offer this forum!
          I am a scroll saw instructor at Woodcraft in Ventura, CA. And yes it is a lot of fun!
          Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Thanks for popping in Joanne, it's great to have you here with us. I'm sure you will love it here, they are a great bunch of people from all over the globe. I'm sure your expertise will be of great value to many. I would love to see some of your work.
            Mick
            I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

Welcome!
              T
              Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome Joanne, expertise is always welcome here. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your work and picking your brain.

george
                A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Glad you're with us. Your articles have been very helpful.

Jan

Comment

Welcome "a-board", come by often, we have lots of fun.
                    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Welcome to the site Joanne, You have a lot to offer us and we are happy you have joined our great family. I currently reside in Citrus Heights,Ca. We relocated here 10 years ago. "How long ago did you move from Citrus Heights."? "Where was your 3 Bears Workshop located in Citrus Heights"?

Mike

Comment

Joanne, you are more than welcome. Your the one who got me started in this habit, I mean hobby. Yours was the first book I read and your patterns were the first I cut. I have always wanted to thank you for the proper start. So

THANK YOU
                        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Welcome to the site. We all appreciate anyone with vast knowledge and experience to help answer questions and assist people with their problems and techniques.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for sharing.
                            Scott
                            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckD View Post
                              Joanne, you are more than welcome. Your the one who got me started in this habit, I mean hobby. Yours was the first book I read and your patterns were the first I cut. I have always wanted to thank you for the proper start. So

THANK YOU
                              You are so welcome Chuck. It made me feel so good to know I helped you get started, and that your still scrolling!! Fantastic! I am really sure if I reply to each message of welcome separately, or just once. Can you let me know how this works? I have had so many wonderful welcomes from everyone, and I would like to acknowledge them all. For the record, I got my password wrong and could not get back in here, that is what has taken me so long to reply at all. Thanks in advance for your help here.....Joanne

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                                Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                                Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                              Working...
                              X