Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kid in Town

Hello,
    New around here. Never have used a scroll saw before but have wanted one and a couple of weeks ago I found a Craftsman Scroll Saw at a yard sale for $15 and figured I would buy it and see if I like the hobby. I googled Georgia Bulldog scroll saw patterns and thats how I found this board.
    Looks interesting so far and I hope I enjoy the hobby, y'all sure seem to. Take care. Mark

Welcome. Jump right it. There are a great bunch of folks here.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Welcome "a-board" Mark, lots of info around here, so keep reading, and if you have any questions just fire away. It's a great hobby.......just have fun.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Welcome A Board Mark!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome Mark. Hope you enjoy your new hobby. Don't make any hasty decisions on whether you like scrolling or not. Just play with it & find out as you go along. If you have problems with your saw, etc. just ask questions & go from there. Make sure you use a quality blade, because it will make it more fun & easier to cut your projects. Like I said, just take it slow & easy & learn as you go. Happy to have you here. Let us see how you are doing, when you get comfortable with scrolling. Good Luck
          PERK

Comment

welcome aboard MARK...........
            for 15 $ its seems like you got a bargain,try it out and see if you like too do scrolling,
            and if you dont ,you wont realy be out of pocket by much,
            but somthing tells me you will realy love it...
            happy scrolling mark.............
            not doing much
            and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Thanks everyone, y'all know how to make someone feel welcome. Haven't tried to make anything yet, just been taking a few pieces of scrap and cutting curves and circles and stuff trying to get to know the saw. I look forward to giving it a try. Gonna try something VERY simple first. Take care.

Comment

welcome aboard, once you try it you will be hooked.
                Tricia

Comment

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by coasternut1499 View Post
                    Thanks everyone, y'all know how to make someone feel welcome. Haven't tried to make anything yet, just been taking a few pieces of scrap and cutting curves and circles and stuff trying to get to know the saw. I look forward to giving it a try. Gonna try something VERY simple first. Take care.

Comment

hey mark , just checking in to see how you like scrolling so far.
                      Tricia

Comment

Welcome Mark. You will love scrolling. Just have patience with it, learning can be frustrating at times. I became so upset with it a few times I was ready to give it up. However I have been doing it for over 25 years now and have 4 saws. Two RBI Hawks and two Scrollmate 14" from Bushton Mfg. Both are very good saws and have little vibration. Let us know how your practicing is going. And remember, it will come with experience and practice.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, you will get great advise and information here.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
                            Reply to Pattern Vault
                            by dottyblues
                            Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
                            Today, 12:20 AM
                          • Linda In Phoenix
                            I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
                            I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
                            In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
                            I also added the...
                            Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                          • will8989
                            Supermax
                            by will8989
                            Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
                            Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Help help
                            by will8989
                            Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
                            Yesterday, 10:11 PM
                          • KarlB
                            Reply to Pattern Vault
                            by KarlB
                            Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
                            Yesterday, 10:05 PM
                          Working...
                          X