I'm new, too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new, too

I've tried some different types of woodworking but seem to like scrolling the best. I just bought a Dewalt 788 so I could work in my own garage instead of having to drive to our woodshop which goes along with membership in our local woodworking club. I liked the Dewalt I used there, so thought I would stay with it. I enjoy making little things like toys and using them as fundraisers for our local humane society and pet rescue agencies. I'm sure this forum will be a huge help to me. The name is Marilyn and I'm 63 - still love learning new things.

Welcome A Board Marilyn!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

Where are you located?
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

this is one of the most awesome forums, that you could ever be associated with, plus the people here will do anything within their power to help you in any way possible…..this is a forum that i’m proud to say i can depend on for most anything…*uh, oh…i’m ramblin again….sry mr. w-n-t*

Comment

Welcome to the group Marilyn. If you have any questions ask away.
        Tim

In God we trust, all others must pay cash!

I don't want no bargains, they always cost me more money.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by Sandy Oaks
          Thanks Pete. I also have the Calico completed but not finished....
          Today, 12:51 PM
        • Jim McDonald
          by Jim McDonald
          Denny's usual attention to detail is showing on this piece. Have thought of doing some of those puzzles. Maybe when I retire.
          Today, 12:50 PM
        • jim_mex
          Reply to Home remodeling update - 28 August
          by jim_mex
          24 Oct - Home 'make-over completed!!!

Hi again all – time flies when you are busy and Norma and I have certainly been that the past couple of months since we embarked on our home 'total make-over' project but the good news is the work is now complete and we spent the past week moving back
          Today, 12:39 PM
        • scrollerpete
          by scrollerpete
          You did a fantastic job Denny, I’m sure you will have an happy customer...
          Today, 12:33 PM
        • Sandy Oaks
          Dog Puzzle - Aussie
          by Sandy Oaks
          This is a custom order request. The pattern is by Harvey Byler purchased from WoodCraftByScott.com. I enlarged the pattern by 10%. Cut at home on the EX21 using FD UR #5 blades. The wood is Poplar approximately 7" x 9". Sanded with the Sand Flee and dipped in Shellac diluted 50% with...
          Today, 10:43 AM
        Working...
        X