Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wntrrwd
    • Sep 2011

Getting started again.

I have an old scroll saw I bought a couple of years ago but never had much time or a whole lot of room to use it. I am looking forward to getting a better saw and seeing what I can do. Any suggestions what a good saw might be.
  • wood-n-things
    Grandpa making Sawdust
    • Nov 2005

Welcome A Board!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.

A lot will depend on how much you are willing to spend.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

• Dave
      Member - Level 2
      • Jan 2007

I believe that the new Woodworkers Journal has a scroll saw review. I am well pleased with the DeWalt but it is a personal preference and a money available plus the major type of scrolling that you plan to do that will most influnence your saw choice. Buy the best you can afford.
      Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
        Reply to Well it is done.
        by Rolf
        Are you right or left handed? Be patient and let it heal!!!. Back in 2002 I shattered my right elbow. I am very right hand dominant. It amazed me how short my left arm was. šŸ˜²
        Today, 08:00 AM
      • NC Scroller
        Well it is done.
        by NC Scroller
        This is my new look for the next 6+ weeks. Wish my wife and I luck. Iā€™m likely to go stir crazy and take her along with me.

Today, 07:18 AM
      • Stephen Dewing
        Reply to Marc Tovar MLT-13 Wooden Clock
        by Stephen Dewing
        Thank you for your replies, especially the dimensions of the cruch. Very helpful. Thank you. This is the book I got the clock from. Apart from the diameter of the brass rod, it doesn't have any other dimensions. ā€‹...
        Today, 03:09 AM
      • Don in Brooklin On
        Reply to Archive CD Volume 7
        by Don in Brooklin On
        I was going to order and I was having lots of difficulties with the website so I wrote to them and got the following which states they will put on thumb drive. This was a couple of months ago and so I will try again. The shipping was huge and so I was going to send to my sister in Myrtle Beach I could...
        04-16-2024, 12:30 PM
      • Sandy Oaks
        Reply to Archive CD Volume 7
        by Sandy Oaks
        Now I wish they were on thumb drive as both the desk and laptop do not have drives for CD
        04-16-2024, 09:54 AM
      Working...