eureka ca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eureka ca

Not sure if this is the place for this post but if the moderators want to move it...
    I just moved here a while back, and wanted to find out if there are any clubs in the area.
    I went to the humboldt county fair, wasn't much in the way of projects there.
    just looking for fellow scrollers here.

Rick

Welcome A Board Rick!! You will be hard pressed to find a friendlier or more knowledgeable group on the net re: woodworking. Share your knowledge and do not hesitate to ask questions.

You may find the stickies at the top of this forum to be very helpful. Use the Link below.

Message Board FAQ, Suggestions and Feedback - Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Message Board.

Take a few minutes to read through them. They are chock full of great information.

Be sure and share pics of your projects. We thrive on pictures.

The only dumb question is the one that remains unasked.

Whatever reason brought you to our forum we are pleased you found us.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Welcome Rick. Where is Eureka? I am in Yuma, Az. There is a lot of info here if you have the time to go through it all. Just browse through the things that interest you & if you have questions, don't be affraid to ask. Someone will help you out. What kind of saw do you have? Enjoy your new find here. Take Care
      PERK

Comment

Hey Rick, I'm Dan from Southern California. Don't know if there are any clubs up north but welcome to the forum.
        Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Goofy, eureka is in no. california. on the coast in the redwoods.
          Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Rick

Comment

There's a few of us in Oregon if you can't find any down there Welcome.
            Janette
            www.square-designs.com

Comment

Hi Rick I am fairly close to you in Willow Creek. I have been scroll sawing over 20 years.

Comment

I am fifty miles north of the Oregon border. No clubs around here. Been thinking of starting one. Went to a few of the hardware store to see if there was much of a market in Scroll Saw blades, which I thought might be a good gauge of how many scrollers are here. Found out if that is a gauge then it is not a good one. Not many sales. Wish you luck..
                Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

My daughter live in Eureka Ca. her and the grandkids came up her to Medford Or. for thanksgiving sent a bunch of Scrolled stuff back with her and it looks like it is a big hit down there she said that a lot of people are wanting things now.

Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
                    Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                    by markdavd
                    I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                    Today, 09:45 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    by NC Scroller
                    My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                    Today, 07:42 AM
                  • will8989
                    by will8989
                    None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                    Today, 12:20 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                    The bags seem easier on the surface.
                    But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                    Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                    by will8989
                    Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                    Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                  Working...
                  X