Greetings from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Florida

Currently living in the South Tampa area, been here for about 3-1/2 years and I am retired from the computer industry.

I started wood working about about 35 years ago. Started while living in Penna, moved to New York State then to North Carolina where I started doing scroll sawing. Most of the things are do are intarsia which I really enjoy.

Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Dick T
    If you enjoy what you do, you will never work a day in your life....

Dick Tallman

Welcome to the group Dick,

I hope your enjoy your stay with us, and hopefully you have pictures of your work to show us.

I'm sure your experience will be valued by many: Knowledge transfer is the name of the game in here (but without the pressure).

What kind of saw do you own, and how long have you been scrolling?

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Dick,
      Welcome to the group
      Enjoy !

What part of NC did you live in ? I live out in the country in Youngsville ( Franklin Co ) , which is between Raleigh and Henderson ( sort of )
      ...~Robert~
      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Welcome to the Group Dick

Always enjoy meeting new people and would love to see your work
        Charlie
        "Everything Happens for a Reason"
        Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome Dick. Whereabouts in PA did you live? I'm from the SW corner, just north of Pittsburgh.
          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

hey Dick greetings good to see another Floridian here I'm just south of ya in Bradenton
            Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Welcome aboard Dick, I used to live in S.Tampa myself, just off Gandy and South MacDill, I still get down there from time to time and vist my kids and soak up some Florida sunshine! Would love to see some pics of your intarsia.
              Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Welcome to the family, Dick. We're anxious to see your intarsia.
                Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Hi Dick T, wow 35 years. what kind of woodworking do you do. I would love to see some. I love all kinds of woodworking. would like to think i know it all. BUTTTT Not. i only know alittle and always wont to learn more. bet you could teach us a thing or two. welcome to are little family , we love meeting new people . and have lots of room for more family here. me, I'm just a smoosh.that loves wood, and tools. Evie

Comment

I started out making small furniture pieces, like end tables etc, gradually moved into scroll sawing, like it more than making furniture.

Dick T
                    If you enjoy what you do, you will never work a day in your life....

Dick Tallman

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X