Hi Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone!

I am new to scroll sawing and I have to say I love every minute of it. I find quite relaxing to say the least. So far I have only made small projects nothing like Norm Abrahms does. You know the way that I feel I am in no competition to make a masterpiece I just want to have fun!

Looking Forward to the Post in the Future!

Welcome to the Group Smidgen

Thats the only way to scroll , is to have fun with it
    Would love to see some of your work

Charlie,
    Charlie
    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome aboard smidgen! glad you found us and joined in.
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Welcome, and before long you will be scrolling masterpieces!!

Betty
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

What does Norm know about scrolling, huh? Huh?

Welcome to a place where true scrollsaw experts hang out. I'm sure one will be along shortly . I'm also sure you're in for a lot of fun.

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Hi Smidgen, welcome to the group I've been here about 6 weeks and these folks have changed my scrolling life for the better I might add ...there are some pretty "sharp blades" here and some wonderful personalities to boot ! Don't be shy ....dive on in ! You are closer to your masterpiece than you think ....enjoy
            ...~Robert~
            DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

well.... thanks everyone!

Wow! What a reception! Thanks so much!

Well so far all I have made is the pumpkin pattern from this months magazine. I am REALLY struggling with the little (really tiny) cuts.... I use a very small drill bit to get a hole started but the problem that I have it the starter hole isn't big enough for the blade pins to go threw? I was thinking about useing a small hack saw.... but then I had the same problem? Then I rtied my plug in dremel..... i got super mad. So now I am taking a good breather just so i don't chuck the piece accross the woodshop. I have already cut the pieces for the lanters from the last month's magazine and drilled the starter holes but that was all. Oh, I forgot to say that I have a Ryobi brand scroll saw. I don't have a band saw yet but I am looking ro buy one soon so that I cut down some scrap. I do have a drill press, nail gun, and a bunch of other small tools but no table saw.

I do love working with my hands in making things. I originally come from Mountain Home, AR so I was raised making many things to sell to get by in the Winter months.

Comment

Ozarkhillbilly... lol! me too!

You know I just have to say that it is nice to see Mid-westerners in this site since I have missed Arkansas very much! I just recently got married to my husband and moved up to Massachusetts and I do miss my old home town very much! I do miss Branson, Springfield, Gainsville and so many festivals that are going on this time of year! Ozark.... are you going to Hoot n' Hollar this year in Gainsville, MO? Just started conversation.... sorry if it is too personal?

Comment

Are there a lot of women scroll sawers here?

I was wondering? Ummmm... are there many women that scrollsaw? I see a few.... it makes me feel not so alone with my hobby.

Comment

Hi Smidgen

You might find this thread helps you solve the problem of how to pass pin-headed blades through small holes. Carl's advice seems to be particularly relevant.

Gill
                    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Thanks! That makes so much sense!

Thanks for the link that works out great! Now, I think that I am in business. I am going to be making so much saw dust today I can feel it in my bones!:

Comment

Welcome Smidgen,
                        This is a great bunch of people and you will learn lots of things you can't find elsewere. Since you are already hooked you KNOW what the next step is.
                        You will NEED a new pinless saw.
                        Just kidding, sort of.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Welcome to our big happy scrolling family, Smidgen.

I've been a member and scrolling for almost 2 months. I found this site before I bought a scroll saw and if it wasn't for this group, I still wouldn't be scrolling. The support and encouragement is awesome. What ever problem you have, soneone will have an answer. And don't be shy. We're always open to new ideas, tips and tricks and love to admire other people's work. The only time you quit learning is when you quit doing.

Happy scrolling.
                          Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                          www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Smidgen, Sorry to say I wont be going to Hoot n Hollar in Gainsville this year, but I've been known to hoot n hollar in my work shop and back yard (when the moon is full)

I'ts been a few years, but I have been in your neck of the woods, Arkansas is some real purty country I make it down to Springfield often and just recently was in Branson for the scroll saw picnic. And it just don't get any better then that!
                            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

welcome smidgen. You will find a pretty decent mix of guys and gals in here. More then a smidgen of ladies enjoy scrolling! Dale
                              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X