Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody

Hello all,

I have been "lurking" in your forum over the weekend and desided to join because of all the great people on this forum, it will be easy to learn.

I have had my saw for almost a year(Delta 350ls) my Mom got it for me for my birthday. Between work, racing mx, building kitchen cabinets for my friends kitchen, etc... I have not had alot of time to scroll but I have made a few pieces, which get claimed before the saw even stops running. Every time I turn on the saw I learn something new. I use Flying Dutchman blades and I got the beginners book(I can't remember the name) also, which was a huge help.

I have been doing alot of smaller woodworking projects such as picture frames, boxes, lamps, shelves etc...and desided to get the scroll saw to add another dimension to my "work".

Scrolling is so very relaxing and very addictive. Everything I look at during the day I think "wonder if I could scroll that?"

So I am hooked and by joinning this forum I hope to learn more and more from all of you great people.

Thank you in advance.

Doug
    www.dshwoodworks.blogspot.com
    [email protected]

Welcome

Welcome Doug,

I have to say it sounds like you are well on your way with your new addiction. Glad you decided to join us, we are a great "support group" for the addicted.

Take care
    Toni

Comment

Thanks Toni,

I need all the help I can get, this addiction is one that I need to feed constantly....lol.

Thanks again,

Doug
      [email protected]

Comment

Welcome Doug... its only just begun!! Dale
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Welcome Doug!
          It sounds like you have found the right group of addicts to hang around with. You'll find us to be a pretty nice family -- encouraging, teasing, answering, asking - did I mention teasing?
          Sandy

Comment

Welcome to the group Doug

Charlie,
            Charlie
            "Everything Happens for a Reason"
            Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome to the group Doug,

Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

I also hope you'l be able to post pictures of your work.

regards,
              Marcel
              http://marleb.com
              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

howdy and welcome Doug..
                Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
                "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Thank you everybody for the kind welcome. Teasing is a good thing, I do my share...lol.

I will post pictures of my "work" in the gallery as soon as I get time. Meanwhile I did post another pic of the trivit I made in the beginners thread. As always comments welcome.

Thanks again,

Doug
                  [email protected]

Comment

Welcome to the Group

Hi Doug,
                    I am fairly new to this group, as a contributor to the Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts magazine I would like to welcome you to the forum and hope you subscribe to this great magazine for us hobbiests. If you have any questions I can help with, please drop me an E-mail.

Richard Preator
                    Peculiar Fretworks

Life is short, you better enjoy it while you can!
                    Richard Preator

Comment

Welcome Doug,
                      I'm still pretty new here too. This group has really pulled me out of my " scroll saw doldrums " with awesome advice ( there are some real " sharp blades " here ! ), encouragement and more than a few belly-laughs. It's the closest thing I've found to a 12 step group for this addiction ...right Charlie ?
                      Welcome and enjoy !
                      ...~Robert~
                      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Doug, you are going to enjoy this forum Soooo Much,
                        I am not only new to this forum but I am totally new to scroll sawing and already I have been helped, advised and encouraged by this great group of new friends, through questions and a "crisis".
                        Have a great stay here and Happy Scrolling.

Dale M.

SW788

Comment

WOW, I am amazed at the great welcome from all of you. Thank you so very much!!! I am a member of a few other forums unrelated to woodworking, motocross forums and never have I gotten such support as I have from all of you.

So far I am so very happy for joinning. I have learned alot in the short few days I have been on and hopfully I will make some lifetime friends in the process.

Doug
                          [email protected]

Comment

Welcome Doug. I'm a new member myself. I don't post much, but do appreciate the input from others. What part of Pittsburgh are you from? I live near Butler, about 1 hour north of the city. Go Steelers!
                            Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Hi Bill,

I actually live north of Kittanning, in Dayton for now. I am moving to the Penn Hills area soon, closing is on Aug 25. I can't wait!!! The only bad thing is that it will take a bit to get my new shop set up so I will be out of woodworking for a little bit, but not to long. Maybe I will set up shop before everything else....LOL.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X