Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings From Peculiar, Missouri

Hi Everyone,
    I just returned from the Branson, Missouri Scroll Saw Picnic where I learned of this message board and wanted to get involved in it. As an introduction I am Richard Preator and as a hobbie I am an avid scroll sawyer and also restore Victorian Fretwork patterns.
    Since I am a Vendor at the Picnics and have my own web site selling patterns, I don't want anyone on this forum to ever get the feeling that I am using this forum as a method of promoting my patterns. Peculiar Fretworks is a hobby and I want it to stay that way.....
    I would be glad to help anyone with scroll sawing information, or questions about the hobby. I also have been collecting as much of the history of the craft (History Nut Too) as possible, and would be glad to share that information.
    Thanks for letting me a part of this group!!
    Richard Preator

Welcome, Richard!
    I hope you enjoy it here and participate often. I know there are quite a few cutters here just looking for bigger challenges - you may be able to whet their appetites.
    Thanks for joining our family.
    Sandy

Comment

Richard,
      Welcome ! Only been here a couple of weeks myself, but let me tell ya, you have found a great group of folks !
      Enjoy
      ...~Robert~
      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Welcome Richard! Glad you found your way to this great forum! I know after meeting you at the picnic and viewing your patterns and hearing about what you do, I look forward to what all you'll bring to the table

I know there are many of our members who enjoy doing fretwork of the Victorian type and design. (Evie you'll love his patterns!)

Nice to have met you, and hope you enjoy your stay here.
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Welcome Richard. It was my pleasure talking with you,and you will be a huge asset to the group. Your knowlege will be very helpful in here. And also, thank you again on your generous offer to help my 4H kids. On their behalf, I thank you. Dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

welcome aboard Richard its nice to meet you
            Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Welcome Aboard Richard.

It is always nice to have new members stumble across us.
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
              "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
              Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Welcome aboard my friend! I should of warned you, though, about the addictive nature of this message board. It starts slow, but you are soon checking it out EVERY time you are online!

Bob
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Welcome to the Group

Charlie,
                  Charlie
                  "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                  Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobD
                    Welcome aboard my friend! I should of warned you, though, about the addictive nature of this message board. It starts slow, but you are soon checking it out EVERY time you are online!
                    Bob
                    and your not kidding Bob cause I check the forum every break I get at work and several times each night at home :
                    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Glad to meet you, Richard. I hope we'll see lots of your work. I agree with both Bob and Daryl185 about the addiction, I'm always checking the site every chance I get. Check the time of this post, what should I be doing? PAYROLL, definitely NOT posting this reply.
                      Oh well, back to work
                      Welcome
                      Marsha
                      LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Originally posted by Peculiar Fretworks
                        Hi Everyone,
                        I just returned from the Branson, Missouri Scroll Saw Picnic where I learned of this message board and wanted to get involved in it. As an introduction I am Richard Preator and as a hobbie I am an avid scroll sawyer and also restore Victorian Fretwork patterns.
                        Since I am a Vendor at the Picnics and have my own web site selling patterns, I don't want anyone on this forum to ever get the feeling that I am using this forum as a method of promoting my patterns. Peculiar Fretworks is a hobby and I want it to stay that way.....
                        I would be glad to help anyone with scroll sawing information, or questions about the hobby. I also have been collecting as much of the history of the craft (History Nut Too) as possible, and would be glad to share that information.
                        Thanks for letting me a part of this group!!
                        Hi Richard, as you know, I am one of your biggest fans. I just love your patterns, and as a matter of fact the one i am working on right now is one of yours, one of the hardest things I have done so far. I just love the history of the old victorion patterns and scrollers. I am so glad there are folks out there , that keep them alive for us.
                        I would like to ask you a quistion::: how in the world do you find these great old patterns. not that I wont to go into bussness. but am mistyfied buy how it is done. the pattern i am doing now is,( The---Oriental Overmantel #900)
                        I am taking pictuers as I go, and will send you them when I am finished.
                        I just love all those old patterns, and for you that would like to go see .
                        http://www.peculiarfretworks.com I am so glad you are here with us, we a great family, and stick togerher, and I am glad you are willing to teach us what you have learned along the way. all giggales here. so glad you have joined us. your frined Evie ps I can't tell you ;how much I am glad

Comment

Thanks Evie for posting a link to Richards site, I should of known you already knew of his patterns! I'm home for lunch and will have to wait till I get home tonite to surf his site
                          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Welcome to the group Richard,

Hec, guys, I'm writing this on company time (I don't have breaks)

Enjoy your stay with us, and I'm sure we will have much to learn from your experience.

Respectfully,
                            Marcel
                            http://marleb.com
                            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Thanks for the Warm Welcome

Hi Everyone,
                              Thanks for the warm welcome, it is appreciated. For those who could not attend the Branson, Missouri Picnic ---- Well, lets just say it was a great!!! We, (my wife Ethel an I) got to meet and visit with a lot of both old and new faces and had a really fun time. The Celebration hall the event was held in was big enough that it was not crowded and the Air Conditioning worked good. There was a short disruption by a false fire alarm in the afternoon and we had to evacuate the building into the blazing sun and close to 100 degree temperature, but it didn't last too long. We were lucky that the sprinkler system did not go off, else it would have been a disaster!
                              It is reported that the organizers Gail & Carole Jennings will not be having the event next year. They did an excellent job the last three years, and I can understand that they might need a break from the difficult job. We can only hope that it will return in the future.

Thanks To All!

Richard
                              Richard Preator

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X