Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello group,

I am brand new to scroll sawing. I just bought a used Sears 18" scroll saw and don't even know how to load the blades YET. I have recently been forced to retire from many years as an electronics Engineer/Technician and have always enjoyed working with wood in many forms. If anyone has any hints on how to find information about this old saw, I would be most receptive. the model is Sears 113.207600 18".

Thanks,
    John

howdy and welcome John

sorry no information on your manual, did quck google search.....pete
    Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
    "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Originally posted by John Taylor
      Hello group,

I am brand new to scroll sawing. I just bought a used Sears 18" scroll saw and don't even know how to load the blades YET. I have recently been forced to retire from many years as an electronics Engineer/Technician and have always enjoyed working with wood in many forms. If anyone has any hints on how to find information about this old saw, I would be most receptive. the model is Sears 113.207600 18".

Thanks,
      John
      HI John, Welcome, I do have a old craftsmon saw. 18" mine uses tie end blades, that fit in the forks top and bottom. I had fun with it for a while but had to upgrade, i wonted to use straight end blades, they come in smaller sizes, and also they fit into smaller holes drilled to do the fret work i love to do. I am not sure if the Sears saw you are talking about is the same as a craftsmon, but i wonder, can you go to Sears and see if there is any impho you can get. or maybe on line. searching for that perticular saw? I bet Sharon would know. if she could just type. what all does your saw have, does it use straight end blades? does it have a blower on it. light , foot switch, speed control.? I know I said tie end blades but i think the right tearm is pin end blades. Welcome again, and enjoy your retirement. now you have alot of work and fun cut out for you. just browsing this forum will keep you busy for hours.you'll wonder how you ever got anything else done LOL.
      Evie Oh Ps. how is the tension set up. do you have a scrue type in the back of the top arm?

Comment

Hi John,
        and welcome aboard. Sorry I don't have any info about that particular saw. There are some really good books out there to get you started. My first book was Scroll Saw Basics, by Patrick Spielman. I found it very helpful, to learn about different blade sizes and wood.
        Once you get started you'll find this hobby very addictive, we hope you'll post lots of pictures of your work, it's great to see how quickly a new scroller progresses.
        Good Luck and happy scrolling
        Marsha
        LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Welcome to the Group :-)

Charlie,
          Charlie
          "Everything Happens for a Reason"
          Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Hi John. Pretty new to scrolling and brand new to this group as well. Only been here 2 days, already feel like one of the crowd and have gotten some wonderful advice in the bargain. This is a seriously addicting hobby and now these folks are broadening my horizons to boot ! ...enjoy !

...~Robert~
            ...~Robert~
            DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Welcome to the group John.
              Bill
              Delta P-20

Comment

Welcome John. I had (have parked) my 20" Sears Contractor Scroll saw. I had to look something up on it for a part once and - it took a bit of time (patience? I don't use that word around scrollers very much because most of us just don't understand the concept) - be that as it may, I spend some amount of time going through Sears' web site and I eventually found my saw with a complete pattern breakdown and parts list. So, I'd say mossey on over to Sears.com and start going through their site. You might be surprised.

John
                of the desert
                I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                  Bruce, the one on probation
                  by will8989
                  is doing great in therapy. His range of motion is about 3 weeks ahead of where they expected him to be. He has zero strength in his hand or arm. He tried to grate some cheese, and he couldn’t hold the grater. The doctor had to do repair stitching on the muscle and that will take the longest to heal....
                  Today, 12:59 AM
                • will8989
                  Sundays market
                  by will8989
                  When we started out, it was 45 deg and rain. When we got there it was 44 deg and rain. By the time we left it stopped raining but was 42 deg. and windy. Luckily we are under cover but that doesn’t stop the wind. I sold 4 baskets, Sealife puzzle and a few other things. I moved the coffee grinders...
                  Today, 12:46 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                  by will8989
                  I thought I read you use shrink wrapped bags for your puzzles. Where do you get them from?...
                  Today, 12:27 AM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                  by jim_mex
                  Hey Quartz - thats great scrolling and carving work which the LED lighting sets off a treat - or was that a trick?

Love it!
                  Yesterday, 08:47 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                  by KarlB
                  Very well done!

Karl
                  Yesterday, 07:36 PM
                Working...
                X