Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone from sunny Scotland (yes the sun does shine here sometimes )

I've been browsing this fantastic website for a few months now and thought it was about time I registered and made a posting.

I'm in the process of setting up my own space to spend many hours scrolling, I've been reading peoples opinions from blades to finishing all of which I've taken on board.

Here's to more posting's and plenty of scrolling in between fishing, golf, family, DIY (not necessarily in this order of course).
    Stu
    So many hobbies, so little time

Hi Youngest Son,

You need to put a first name in your signature

Welcome to the group.

I guess you know how it goes if you've been lurking for a few months, and I'll presume we aren't that bad a bunch since you decided to join anyways

Have fun, show us some pictures of your setup, don't forget to keep the first piece you make (it's important) so that you can always refer to where you started from and see your progress; you'll be amazed in a short time period of how far you've come.

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

howdy and welcome son.......
      Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
      "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Welcome young-son, glad you decided to join in! Now go make some saw dust and show us what you made!
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

I wont to welcome you to. Y- son. now we have more family to chat with.
          wont to here what you ahave been cutting, and learning. bet we could learn some things from you too. after all. we have all been there. and could always use a refresher on how we started. you can tell us what you did, and what you learned from it. and what you are doing next. I never get tired of begginers. becouse i guess i am still one my self.there is lots of ways to do things. and I don't think there is only one way, and sometimes the beggeners show us just that. so just jump right in there, and shar. no matter how silly you might think it is. it might be just what I needed to here. thanks for joining us.
          Evie

Comment

Welcome from another newbie. This is a great group and have really educated and inspired this rookie
            Enjoy !
            ...~Robert~
            DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Welcome aboard. I actually joined this amazing group before I even owned a scroll saw. I had a lot of questions answered before I ever got into it. Actually, if it wasn't for this message board I probably would never have even bought a scroll saw. It's not too often you can find this level of support, and all for free.

Let's see what you're made of.

Mike
              Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
              www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Welcome to the Groupd

Charlie,
                Charlie
                "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome

Welcome aboard!!! Bob Duncan is going to be really happy to see another Scotsman here!!! Hope to see you around often .
                  If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Welcome! And as Neal said... perhaps you can join Bob in playing the bagpipes and wearing a kilt at the Fox Chapel Openhouse ! Rumor has it thats what Bob has in mind!!!! Dale
                    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Welcome, friend. I will enjoy learning the language of Scotland and hope you will enjoy learing the language of the new country. It will be fun to see how we all say the same thing differently.

John
                      of the desert
                      I've Got A Lot More To Learn
                      About Leaving Battlegrounds Alone
                      "~~ Molly Venter

Comment

Again Welcome Y- Son
                        What part of Scotland you live in? I have a brother that works for Conoco in Aberrdeen. Have fun in this new hobbie of yours. Come often and enjoy the people in here.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind welcome's.

I'm in between saw's at the minute, waiting for the right time (and money ) to invest in another, my first saw was damaged beyond repair when I moved house .

Hi Fretdust - I'm at the other end (south) of Scotland to your brother.
                          Stu
                          So many hobbies, so little time

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X