Greetings and salutations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings and salutations!

I'm happy to be a new member of this group. I'm from Butler, PA, which is about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh (Go Steelers!). I'm married with 2 daughters. My oldest is married and my youngest just graduated high school.

I've been scrolling, casually for several years, mostly simple plaques and ornmanents. It was the ornaments that got me started. I make them every year and give dozens away to family & friends. Recently I decided I wanted to get a little more serious about this hobby and try some more challenging projects. I'm still in the getting more serious phase and haven't tackled the challenging projects yet, but I bought a new saw last year, a Dewalt 788, to replace my old Craftsman. I also joined a Scroll Saw Club in my area and the guys have really opened up a whole new world of scrolling for me. Someday, when time allows, I really want to make some of those beautiful fretwork clocks. That's the kind of challenging project I mentioned earlier.

Anyway, I hope to hang around here a little bit, learn a few things, enjoy the company and maybe even offer my own $.02 once in awhile.

Bill
    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Hey Bill,

We certainly hope you will be putting in your .02, and more.

We also love to see pictures of work, so hopefully you'll be able to post some

Welcome to our little corner of the net. It's family oriented, and we try to act like a big family.

We like to discuss many things, share a passion for scrolling and making sawdust, come from all walks of life and get along pretty good most of the time.

We like to kid each other occasionally, but in a respectfull maner.

Enjoy your stay, and the only dumb question is the one not asked

Regards,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Welcome to the group Bill

Charlie,
        Charlie
        "Everything Happens for a Reason"
        Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome Bill!
          I hope you stick around and find time to participate - you will find us a pretty good family - protective and supportive, and (sometimes) teasing. Sounds like you'll make a fine addition to the family.
          Sandy

Comment

Oh I don't know that we would ever tease

Muhahahahaha!
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Welcome to your " home away from home"
              "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."---Thomas Paine

Comment

howdy and welcome.....
                Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
                "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

ALRIGHT!! Someone newer than me.......

Hi ya' and Welcome!!!

Sean

(Love your avatar...)

Comment

Hi Bill. I was away for awhile , and missed welcoming you. I too hope you stick around. we just can't have enough family here. sounds like you have a head start and if you can do some orniments, i think a clock would be easy for you. I say just go for it. when i started i did silly things. thinking i couldn't do the more advanced things. but then i thought , I would rather do some things for myself that i really wont to go in my house. so i just dove in there and did some of the clocks. I have to say , i amaized myself. the hardest thing i found doing the clocks was figuering out the wood i needed and how to put them together. but it all worked out. and i have some wonderful things to show for it. I found the harder the project, the more i learned. and the small fretwork that is involed , really makes you practise. and becouse you are doing something you relly wont, it made the jerney worth it. when you do stuff for your self, you can relax and make mistakes. that is a learning proses too. how to fix it. if i could spell as good as i saw now that would be something LOL. and Carl , your so funny, you have never teased me about my spelling. I don't think you can ever say a bad word to anyone. But then those that have just made me try to learn more. Bill stick around. you will come to love us all. just like i did. This is not only a great learning woodworking forum but a loveing and cairing family. your new friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X