New Scroller Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scroller Here

Hello all! My name is Corey and I am new to the scroll sawing world. I have experience in woodworking just not a whole lot of it in scrolling, some but not a lot. I really enjoy working with wood and my hands and the satisfaction that comes from knowing I made it myself! I am looking forward to getting to know you all better and to learn from you.

So starting out in scroll sawing I figured I would probally need a scroll saw!!! I have just about every other saw besides that one so I bought a DeWalt DW788. After reading numerious reviews and comparing saw's I figured this was the best saw for the money! Hope I was right! I ordered a couple patterns already but figure I need a little pratice on simplier projects first, the Chimes of Normandy is probally not the best first project to try.

I look forward to chatting with you all soon!

Welcome aboard.

You will finds lots of patterns in the ScrollSaw Workshop magazine.
    If there is something in particular you are looking for, ask away.

The Chimes of Normandy good point.

Each journey is started with one step. If that step involves cutting a hole in a piece of wood, then the journey to the chimes of Normandy is just more steps.

All kidding aside. I once started the Dome clock, and I didnt have the experience I required to choose the correct materials. So there it is sitting in my basement, half complete....always the optomist.....I used 1/8 red oak. I should have used 1/4 maple oh well I do have enough wood to finish it sometime.

Have fun here and your saw is a good one so I know you will scroll lots!
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Welcome,

I have the same saw and enjoy it since I purchased it.
      Now you'll see you have to buy the accompaniments:
      Good blades, foot switch, books, make a blade holder...

The fun is only starting

The nice thing is that the experienced people (I'm not one of them) are very nice in this place and take pleasure in flattering your ego, saying you do nice work, and actually giving useful advice

Enjoy yourself: If you're not having fun in the shop, it's not a hobby anymore

Regards,
      Marcel
      http://marleb.com
      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Hi Corey,
        I am new here too, and everyone is really nice and helpful. Lucky you on the new saw. I have a Dremel 1800. So far, so good. Having lots of fun.
        I am just finding too many patterns, and no time to cut anything out
        Have lots of fun,
        Carrie

Comment

HI Corey. Welcome. sounds like you are on the right track. congrats on your new saw. I here that is a good one. I will be looking forward to getting to know you. bet you could teach us a thing or too. your new friend Evie

Comment

Welcome Corey

The Dewalt saw is a nice one. Look forward to your contributions to the forum.

Comment

Yup, welcome aboard. You will be addicted to the scrollsaw so much now, that you can probably sell most of your other tools. You will need that room for storing paterns, as well as every tiny little chunk of thin wood thats just to good to throw away, but most likely useless. Ive had great luck with my two dewalts, I hope your luck matches mine.Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Good morning Corey, Good luck with your new saw. The DeWalt is a good saw. I have two along with a few other makes. Start with easier patterns first. You will find you will move lup to more difficult projects in a short time. Practice Practice. Another usefull place to get more info about scrolling and the scrolling community is by joining SAW, The Scrollsaw Association of the World. Attending picnics that are held throughout the year enables you to meet scrollers just like you. They are a good place to pick-up helpful hints and meet a lot of really nice folks. Well enough for now. happy scrolling, Toby Tyler BOD-SAW

Comment

corey welcome.....I too have the DeWalt and have been using it on/off again for a few years now, never an issue which I'm very happy about. good luck and happy scrolling.....

cutting up one piece at a time

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X