Greetings from Northern Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Northern Virginia

I just realized that after probably two years of browsing this forum, I hadn't registered nor posted. I see some names I'm familiar with, so I guess I better weigh in.

I've been making the fine dust for about 10 years now. When I was in San Antonio I had a small shop and started soing some shows, but a move back to my home town of Manassas put me in a condo with no room to store finished projects. I have my DeWalt on a home built roller stand for occasional use at home, but work more often out of my dad's shop. To be honest I've not done nearly as much fretwork in the last 6 years as I did in the previous 4, but I have dabbled some in making patterns.

Readers of Scroll Saw Workshop will be able to see my first samplings of those endeavors coming out in the Fall issue, something I'm very much looking forward to. With that coming, I decided I better de-lurk and poke my head out!

Welcome to the forum Tom.
    And we are all looking forward to seeing you in print
    If you have been lurking you know how good the forum is and how supportive we are of all our friends here.

Keep scrolling.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Nice to see you here Tom! I'm working on your article as we speak!

Bob Duncan
      Technical Editor
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Welcome Tom, I too will be looking forward to your work. Im Evie from Calif.

Comment

Welcome to the family, Tom.
          I, too, am now looking foreward to your projects in the Fall issue (although I don't yet have the Summer issue)
          It's much more fun to participate than it is to lurk in the shadows - that stuff is only good in comic books.
          Again, Welcome!
          Sandy (also in California)

Comment

Thanks for the big welcome, I should have shown myself earlier!

Hope you haven't had to work on it too hard Bob!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• planeur
              Reply to A Bear In The Woods
              by planeur
              Trรจs beau John and original !๐Ÿ˜Ž Like it very much, and cherry is the perfect wood for a bear.....!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜
              planeur
              Today, 06:59 AM
            • Jimern
              Reply to My computer issues.
              by Jimern
              Worth a try, but very rarely works. During the install in windows, the software registers links (for want of a better word) which are required for it to operate. install is what is needed...
              Today, 06:51 AM
            • handibunny
              Reply to New turning tools
              by handibunny
              Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Your work is always a treat to look at!
              Today, 05:34 AM
            • will8989
              by will8989
              I clean it up and stuff regularly. If I do a lot of typing, spreadsheets, etc., I use the computer as itโ€™s faster for me but take the tablet to shows and markets to post from there. I also use my rapid resizer program on the tablet when I want to change a pattern and am downstairs. I really need a...
              Yesterday, 11:16 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Rolf, if your Picassa file works I want it!!! They cram so much into newer programs that it just complicates things and takes away intuitive stuff. Thank you for checking!
              Yesterday, 05:55 PM
            Working...
            X