Hello from the Fox Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Fox Valley

Just joined on 3-25-06, already have two questions posted, seems to be alot of really good info here, I'm looking forward to reading and learning more about scrolling. I've been scrolling for about 8 years I enjoy doing fretwork mostly, many things end up as gifts, for family, friends, and have recently donated two pendalum clocks to my daughters high school fund raising event, When I figure out how to post pics. I will. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome,
    Tomlock

Wow, I just joined too-we live in Greenville. But I am just getting started in scrolling. I have learned so much reading the boards and the articles. I am still working on my first piece and my 11 yr old daughter has laid claim to it when it is finished.
    Glad to see another fox valley member!
    Carrie

Comment

Welcome all Wisconsinites. I think we outnumber all the other states represented in here. Carrie.... give your daughter that first project, under the condition she in turn makes you something on the scrollsaw (with your guidance of course). It will be a great bonding time! Dale, in racine county
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Hi Tom and Carrie. welcome. sounds like you have alredy got your hands full.
        seems like we just can't keep are talent to are selfs. I think it is great that you are willing to shar your projeks with those around you. kids love to make things. an need someone to show them how. you have a great start. good going and keep coming back to shar with us. your new friend Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• markdavd
          Reply to Shrink wrap systems
          by markdavd
          I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
          Today, 09:45 AM
        • NC Scroller
          by NC Scroller
          My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
          Today, 07:42 AM
        • will8989
          by will8989
          None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
          Today, 12:20 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          by Linda In Phoenix
          What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
          The bags seem easier on the surface.
          But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
          Yesterday, 03:24 PM
        • will8989
          Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
          by will8989
          Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
          Yesterday, 10:32 AM
        Working...
        X