Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sculpted box

Hi

Here is an image of a two drawer box I've recently completed, sculpted from one block of Australian Red Cedar.

Tony Ward
    www.tonyward.org

Wow Tony--you do great stuff! Looked at your gallery. You are a real artist. I envy you your sense of design and the availability of beautiful wood to carry it out. How thick is this stuff? Looks too thick to cut with a scroll saw. Do you use a bandsaw part of the time? I would like to try my hand at making a box or two. Thanx in advance for the info.
    Moon
    Old Mooner

Comment

Excellent! Your Australian Cedar is beautiful to say the least.
      And great designs too.

Bill
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Sculpted Boxes

Hi

Thank you for the nice words. With the Diamond Fretsaw I can make boxes of 4 1/2" or 12mm depth, see -

http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6536

Tony Ward
        www.tonyward.org

Comment

Wow that is amazing. the wood is too.. gosh now i have to go into carving. your work is so inspiring. I have to say , as a mom and a gramma. it looks like a mom with a babby inside. so cool thanks for sharing that. your friend Evie

Comment

Tony,
            Welcome to the group. It looks like there are a lot of things we will want to ask you, as well as answering any questions you have.
            I am truly envious of your capacity with your Excaliber. Possibly you mean 12 cm? My bandsaw will go that thick, but not very well. I imagine all sorts of stuff could just be shrunk for the rest of us.
            Anyhow, beautiful box, and terrific choice of wood.
            Sandy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X