Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Longueuil

Hi,

I just purchased a DW788 for my birthday last weekend and found this forum by running a search on "DW788" on my favorite search engine: dogpile.com.

I've looked at some of the threads and found it interresting enough to sign-up.

I have a LOT to learn as I've never used a scrollsaw before, I don't have a lathe, but I have a well equiped shop.

I may not have much to show for a while, or to say either, but I will be taking in all the information I can grab and participating where I can.

BTW, for the curious: Longueuil is located on the South Shore of Montreal across the St-Lawrence river. It is the 4th biggest city in the province of Quebec, Canada. French is my mother tongue, and I'm fluent in both French and English.

Talk to you soon,
    Marcel
    http://marleb.com
    DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the forum Marcel.
    Nice to have another Canadian on the site.
    This is a great place to lear, have some fun and share some knowledge.
    We look forward to seeing your work as it progresses.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Yup, welcome .Soon you will be glued to the scrollsaw, and wonder how you ever lived without it.Dale
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Welcome Marcel! I hope you enjoy your visits.

BTW: Can you help with the pronunciation of your city? Is it something like lon-'kee-el? Americanized pronunciation might be something like long-oil so it won't be that I am sure.

Phil

Comment

Welcome from Montana! I am looking to get a Dewalt probably next month also. Enjoy the forum!

Tim
          "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Long eel

Welcome Marcel!!! You're gonna like it here. You really made it tough on a West Virginia Hill Billy to pronounce your home town!! I can pronounce Marcel however and you're going to become addicted to scrolling!! Stop by and chat even if you haven't finished a project yet. We have answers to just about any question regarding scrolling and even "the meaning of life". BTW... I love your search engine...DOG PILE????
            If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayBeard Phil
              Welcome Marcel! I hope you enjoy your visits.

BTW: Can you help with the pronunciation of your city? Is it something like lon-'kee-el? Americanized pronunciation might be something like long-oil so it won't be that I am sure.

Phil
              Actually long-oil is pretty close, I haven' found a word in english that is close to the true prononciation of the "ueuil" part, but if you know the french prononciation for "eye" (oeil) it's the same.

The closest I can come up with is "long-heu-ye", and saying it aloud myself it sounds right. But you guys throw in your local accents and I'm not responsible for accuracy anymore
              http://marleb.com
              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Marcel.

Good to see you found us.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by Rolf
                  Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                  That is...
                  Today, 08:15 AM
                • Jimern
                  Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                  by Jimern
                  The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                  Today, 06:29 AM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                  by will8989
                  The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                  Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Farmers market
                  by will8989
                  Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                  Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                • tgiro01
                  Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by tgiro01
                  Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                  Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                Working...
                X