New to scrolling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to scrolling...

Hi, my name is Greg, and I'm just getting started in scrolling.

My saw is a Craftsman Pro 21620, 20" with a stand, light and tilting table. I bought it a few weeks ago in the "discount corner" at my local Sears store. I understand the saw is now discontinued, but the little 16" brother is still listed on their web site. The saw was priced at $139 (supposedly down from $249..but really regularly priced at $299). When I got it to the cashier, the price in the computer was $69! So, I'm pretty happy with my purchase...

I just got a book with some box patterns. I'm excited to learn a lot here and start making some fun and interesting projects.
    Attached Files

welcome to the forum. I am sure you will have fun with your new saw. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Be sure to post pics of your work
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Welcome, and Congrats on that super deal!Im sure soon you will become so addicted to scrolling, everything else will take a backseat to your new hobby! There is no better way to relax and enjoy your time like sitting at a scrollsaw . Now, the next thing you need are decent blades.The ones you will be looking at sears are way more expensive, and the quality is not there, for a great, knowlegable blade person, watch for a guy on here that posts as 3-M .He sells a top of the line blade, and at a reasonable price (I dont want to say cheap, or he might get a big head and raise the prices!). Do a google search for Mikes Workshop , and you will find the blades that the majority of us use.
      I dont know how you got that saw for $69,but you got yourself one great deal!Congrats. Stop in here often, theres a lot of information on this forum,and a little bickering in good clean fun as well. Welcome! Dale
      Last edited by BobD; 02-27-2006, 03:04 PM. Reason: Removed a "racy" comment
      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Greg,

I hear many people have a good time with the Craftsman saw. Hope you post some photos of your beginning pieces for us to check out. Scrolling is indeed a great hobby and is made much more relaxing with a saw you are comfortable with.

again, welcome.

Comment

new

PM me for Mike's website address. Great guy to deal with and talk to.
          Last edited by BobD; 02-27-2006, 10:41 AM. Reason: edited to meet Bill of Rights requirements
          Smitty
          Dewalt 788

Comment

Hay Welcome Greg. now you have the saw. what would you like to do with it. you came to the right place. lots of help hear. an loads of friends .you have a new friend. its me Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X