Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandsaw/Scrollsaw Box

Hi

thought I would share an image of a bandsaw/scrollsaw (using a Diamond fretsaw) box I've recently finished.

TonyWard1630T.jpg

More similar boxes to come!

Sculptured Box
    www.tonyward.org

Hi Tony

That looks lovely, but would be possible to increase the picture size a little? Incidentally, what are the box's dimensions?

After seeing your work, I was inspired to make a (simple) bandsaw/scrollsaw box too. Having never made one before, there are some glaring mistakes which I'll correct on the next box I make. It's waiting some coats of BLO right now, and when it's finished I'll post details.

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Larger image

Hi

I hope I've been able to upload a larger image of this box, as requested.

It's size is 16cm long, by 7cm deep by 15cm high. Or as they say in old language - 6 1/4", by 2 3/4", by 5 3/4" tall, a small box. Australian Red Cedar.

Sculptured Box
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony;
        Don't know if it was my computer or not but the second one showed too dark to recognize it so I did some manipulating on it and hopefully it will show better here now. I couldn't make it any larger because that would have distorted it. Large to small works good but not small to large.
        That is a very unique looking bandsaw/scrolled box. Is it a pattern of your own design?
        I have made lots of bandsaw/scolled boxes . You can see some of them in my album called bandsaw boxes in the link to my albums site below. The only one there that is of my own design is the one with the clock in it.
        W.Y.

http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Another image

W.Y.

FYI. Attached is a second image.

All my work is original design and concept.

Sculptured Box
          www.tonyward.org
          Attached Files

Comment

Gee whiz Tony - you're good!

Gill
            There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
            (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Very nice ;
              It is one thing to make them but doubly good if you also design what you make like that.
              Keep up the great work.
              It's a nice change from fretwork.
              W.Y.
              http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X