Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Florida

Hi Everyone,

I have just started with my scroll saw and I have been having fun, my husband got me my saw for Christmas and I have made a lot of easy things. I would like to know if people think it is easier to use a faster speed than a lower speed. If I use a slower speed I do better but get burn marks, so how do I stop that? Please help!!! Thanks for your input.

Welcome

Kristina-

Welcome to the best forum for scroll sawing there is.

I am from Seminole FL. I started sawing just over a year ago. To prevent burning have you tired putting clear packing over your patterns? That will lubricate the blade. You can put the tape right on the wood and then glue on the pattern if you wish.

If you need blades you can't go wrong with Flying Dutchman blades. Mike is a great guy and has a quick turn around. You can go to his web site at this link. http://www.mikesworkshop.com/

What kind of saw are you using. You can upload pictures of your work in the Scroller Galleries located in the left hand column of this forum.

See you around the forum.

-Bill
    -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Welcome Kristina--
      I think you will enjoy this group. They (we?) are full of good advice--asked for and not asked for. Your question about speeds and burn marks needs a bit more clarification in order to be answered correctly. What size/type of blades are you using, what kind of wood(s) are you sawing (thickness, species, hard/soft, etc). Makes a difference. Again, welcome to the forum.
      Moon
      Old Mooner

Comment

Hi wwalker47,

I tried to put my pictures in the gallery but I could not do it so I contacted them and let them know and they are trying to update the site, so I have to wait, sorry.

KT

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
          by Jim Finn
          The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
          Today, 04:48 PM
        • MidMich324
          Reply to Plastic puzzle
          by MidMich324
          Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
          Today, 03:57 PM
        • RJweb
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by RJweb
          As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
          Today, 03:42 PM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Farmers market "survey"
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
          I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
          For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
          Today, 11:14 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Farmers market
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
          Today, 11:00 AM
        Working...
        X