Hello from Sandy in CS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Sandy in CS!

Hi! I'm Sandy. I work in the Customer Service Dept. at Fox Chapel Publishing! I've been learning to scroll for about a year now. BobD has been very patient in answering all my newbie questions and helping me with the saw! (Thanks Bob! ) Some of my work is on the bragging page in the spring 2006 issue #22. I've posted the wolves shown on page 12 individually on the Scroller Gallery so you can see them up close and let me know how I did! I'm really enjoying using the saw. I'm looking forward to posting more soon!

Sandy
    Last edited by Wytyger; 01-30-2006, 08:12 PM.
    Wytyger (Sandy)

Welcome aboard Sandy! See, it wasn't too hard to move from lurker to poster <grin>

Now lets see some more of your work! I know you got that nice new digital camera for Christmas <grin>

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Welcome aboard Sandy, I was admiring your wolves before you even posted.
      That is a great idea using the wallpaper.
      I am glad you are no longer a lurker <grin>

You are well on your way to being an accomplished scroller. Soon I am sure others will be coming to YOU for advice.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the forum Sandy. Love the wolves!!! You will like the folks here on the board. Everyone is friendly and more than willing to answer any questions you may have. Looks like about half of our active participants are also ladies so you should feel right at home. BTW I love your avatar!! I do mostly segmented portraits of animals, and I especially like the big cats, so that really appeals to me. You wouldn't have an 8x10 of that bad boy to share would you???
        If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Welcome Sandy, and GREAT JOB on the wolves. Bob, being an editor slipped up,he didnt catch that it was in the spring 2006 issue, not 2005, so now you get his raise when it comes due!!! We all knew which issue it was though.You done great, now I'll go check the gallery as well. Like Neal said, that white tiger avatar is pretty slick, it sure would make an awesome scrollsawing pattern!!! Good job, come in often, and dont be shy! Dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Thanks All!

Thanks for the kind words on my wolves in the Scroller Gallery!
            The white tiger avatar picture is one of many white tiger images I had picked out to have airbrushed on my motocycle helmet... that was prior to selling the bike. I liked the images so I kept them.
            Dale- I fixed my blooper...haha. Yes, I did mean 2006, not 2005! Doh!

Sandy
            Wytyger (Sandy)

Comment

Its ok Sandy, if thats the only oops you had today, your a talented person. I look forward to sweeing more of your work as you gain experience.

PS:If Bob has a dificult time finding time to help ya when you got a question, just put a double cheeseburger (a meat one), on his desk, that will get him out of his office!!
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Come on Dale...I've got enough work to do editing the magazines...I can't be expected to edit all the posts here too! I'd never get done even editing your posts <GRINNING FROM EAR TO EAR>.

And I love the smell of double cheeseburgers, so that won't help Sandy at all <grin>

Bob
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Oh I know Bob, I can keep you busy editing, thats for sure! At any rate, its great to SEE the talent hidden in the staff there at Fox Chapel.Its nice knowing the ones working there are actually interested in the hobby.Keep up the good work.
                  Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

I'm still trying to get Shannon to show off some of her work <grin>

and our designer Jon is planning on making a model ship--that uses both a scroll saw and carving tools...so as soon as he gets that up and going, I'll pressure him to show off his work as well!

Bob
                    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Sounds like a great place to work. Any plans on opening a Canadian branch
                      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
                        Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                        by cwmagee
                        I think it might be a letter that one would need to use the left index finger. Perhaps you need a heavier hammer.
                        Today, 05:39 PM
                      • jim_mex
                        Reply to New tools
                        by jim_mex
                        Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                        Today, 05:26 PM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to New tools
                        by Rolf
                        Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                        My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                        Today, 04:32 PM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to Big week here
                        by Rolf
                        Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                        Today, 04:19 PM
                      • jim_mex
                        New PC keyboard has an error
                        by jim_mex
                        Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                        Today, 03:47 PM
                      Working...
                      X