X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Welcome Dennis

Welcome to the forum! Hope you won't stay in the background and will be posting here with us regularly.

After you get all your tools organized, make sure you visit our scroller galleries and post some photos of your projects!

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Welcome. Its great hearing your listening to all the great advice and info.Im looking forward to watching you grow into a really talented scroller. Dale

Leave a comment:

• GrayBeard Phil
    replied
    Dennis:

A big welcome. I hope you enjoy your visits here.

As a noobie, the big thing is to enjoy the hobby. As you grow in experience with this hobby, you will climb a learning curve. Have fun.

Phil

Leave a comment:

• Heliotropic
    started a topic Another Noobie

Another Noobie

Hello everyone!
    I just recently decided to get into scrolling. I've been in the background just watching and reading posts for a couple weeks now (a lot of good advice in here), so I figured it was time to jump in the group.
    I'm starting to get the collection of tools gathered. A friend of mine gave me his scroll saw, a Dremel 1672 (which i could use a copy of the owners manual if anyone can help), I think it'll be a good machine to start with. Then I realized that I have nowhere to set it up in the garage, too much clutter and no workbenches. So now I've got miter saw, table saw, and belt/disk sander on its way from Tool King so I can build some storage shelves and workbenches. I did order and recieve the Flying Dutchman blades and Scroll Saw Workbook from Mikes Workshop by suggestion of members in this forum (another satisfied customer). And lately i've been browsing and comparing wood prices and shipping of retailers also suggested here, along with gathering links of scroll patterns and ordering catalogs.
    So, I havent actually started making anything yet but within a couple of weeks I should be up and cutting. Then I'm sure I'll be back with some questions.
    Thanks again to everyone's suggestions and opinions.

Dennis

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jo Labre
    Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
    by Jo Labre
    I cut a bunch of chakte viga and leopardwood pieces for the Viking project and the blade seems pretty good yet. I imagine if I were to only cut softer hardwoods (?) the blade would last quite a long time. Still - $25.00 is a lot more than the cost of standard scroll saw blades....
    Today, 02:36 PM
  • old fa_t
    Reply to Old,,,,but new here
    by old fa_t
    The room was supposed to be storage but it's my office? now with a roll top desk and a barristers bookcase.which I built when I was able.
    Today, 01:55 PM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Joining the new tool frenzy
    by Rolf
    Very nice! I really like your setup especially for the dust collection. I would have to figure out a way to re-weld the blade.
    And Oh to have wall space and organizational skills!
    Today, 09:55 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Old,,,,but new here
    by Rolf
    Welcome! As the others have said, lots of support and knowledge here ready to be shared.
    Is the 6 x10 your workspace or your entire apartment. ?
    Today, 09:34 AM
  • Rolf
    Reply to Log slice ornaments
    by Rolf
    Most of the cut outs were done with the scroll saw.
    Karl I have a couple of power carvers. The classic Dremel with a flex shaft I then bought a Ram Power carver, they both use 1/8 shank bits. I have a bunch of carbide cutters from when our Printed circuit board facility at work was dismantled....
    Today, 09:29 AM
Working...
X