New to the message Board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the message Board.

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am new to the message board, not too new to scrolling (1 1/2 to 2 years now). My main interests are Intarsia and wood items with moving parts, such as wooden padlocks. I uploaded a bunch of my previous works that can be viewed in the member galleries under "MetalEd". The intarsia are all original, made from patterns I drew on using the computer.
    My profile is: Father of a 13yr old scroller who is also experimenting in pattern design. Living in Encino, Calif., currently using a Craftsman 21 and 16 inch scrollsaw. Wish I had won that purple monster in the pattern contest, but it was not me either
    Take care all! Ed - Aka MetalEd

Ed,
    Welcome aboard. That is some NICE work!
    Bob Duncan
    Scroll Saw Workshop
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the forum Ed.

I noticed your work on the galleries and agree with Bob, (rated you too) That is some nice work!

The one with the guitar was my favorite.

Comment

Hi Ed, welcome to the message boards!

I'm a few days older than you on this site, but much newer than you to scrolling! I got my saw just before Christmas and dived into making some Christmas presents. It's a lot of fun but I'm still doing pretty simple things.

Your work is truly admirable; like Toni, my favourite one is the intarsia guitar player. Your Easter Cross is lovely as well. They're all really good; the locks are fascinating!

Welcome again, and hope to see more of your work in the galleries!

Ann

Comment

Welcome Ed, we share a common interest on the scrolling items with moving parts, I would love to exchange ideas sometime, drop me an email if you like.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Wow!

Wow, Those are great! Do the padlocks really work? You do some awesome work. BTW welcome to the forum.

-Bill
            -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Wooden locks

Originally posted by wwalker47
              Wow, Those are great! Do the padlocks really work? You do some awesome work. BTW welcome to the forum.

-Bill
              The locks really do work, they are from Tim Detweiler's books, one which is titled, "making working wooden locks". Since they don't use any metal, you have to use wood that will bend, keep it's shape and not wear out or break. I found a solution for this that is more than excellent! Anyone curious and going to make them, e-mail me and I will let you know my trick.
              As for the intarsia patterns, My son wanted to make some cartoonish type characters, looking around for patterns you find that most are of animals or buildings/landscapes. I think this is because it is hard to do people in wood, but then again I am doing cartoon types
              I want to do a few more, but since my shop is on my back patio and it is so cold... I have to wait.. but it gives me more time to draw patterns. I want to touch up the patterns and make the instruction more proffesional, finish with copyrights and all and then I may offer them to the public. So keep an eye out for the guitarist!!...
              Take care all, thanks for the welcome!
              Ed aka MetalEd

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                Reply to New tools
                by jim_mex
                Hi Rolf - the unit I bought will also do Tig welding once you buy the optional accessories - torch, nozzles etc: - plus it will do conventional stick welding too. I doubt I'll be heading down the TIG route anytime soon, at least not for the projects I have in mind at the moment.

I did a...
                Today, 05:26 PM
              • Rolf
                Reply to New tools
                by Rolf
                Jim I bought a mig welder the last time I did a frame off restoration on my TVR. I had a few frame cracks. I bought one that used shielding gas. I never really mastered the power vs feed vs moving the torch. Using it only a couple of times a year did not help.
                My dream was to buy a TIG so that...
                Today, 04:32 PM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Big week here
                by Rolf
                Yes you have had a great week.! It is really nice that your son shared this special moment. Regarding retirement, Almost 5 years for me, Never regreted my decision, not for an instant.
                Today, 04:19 PM
              • jim_mex
                New PC keyboard has an error
                by jim_mex
                Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                Today, 03:47 PM
              • jim_mex
                Reply to Big week here
                by jim_mex
                Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                Today, 03:32 PM
              Working...
              X