Hi from Dixie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Dixie

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a working mom with six kids (five live with me - one lives in Florida), 2 dogs and a fish. I manage to squeeze in time to make saw dust as often as I can. I am really new to the craft. My husband introduced me over the summer and I was hooked. I have a 16" Tradesman that I use to do my scrolling. I have an interest in fretwork but have not tried intarsia yet. My husband would love to see me do some portraits but I haven't gotten up the nerves to do that yet either. I have really enjoyed the wonderful information on this site and look forward to learning so much from all of you.

Welcome. You've just joined the best forum to meet great, helpful people with an overabundance of expertise. I'm relatively new here too and I haven't been able to stump them yet. I keep on making sawdust and asking questions here. Good luck in all your scrolling projects.

Harris

Comment

Welcome

Welcome! Ask and you will get answers and good one, too. Best forum on the net. Need blades? Get them from Mike the Flying Dutchman at http://www.mikesworkshop.com/ .They are the best.

See you around the site.

-Bill
      -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Welcome MacMom6!

The only thing that holds people back from scrolling is their inhibitions.
        That and money for wood etc.

Don't be afraid of any project. treat each one as a lesson.
        You may make mistakes along the way, I do not know of a scroller who hasn't!

Enjoy the scrolling, the finished product is a bonus.
        If you enjoy the act of scrolling, any mistakes you make will be an oportunity to scroll some more. How can you go wrong with that.

Have fun!
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Dixie.

Sounds like you will enjoy your time to scroll saw whenever you can get it. Carl gave you some good advice, relax and enjoy.

I look forward to seeing some of your scrolled work posted in the galleries.

Take care
          Toni

Comment

Welcome Dixie. hope i spelled that right. I too have 6 sons. an a ton of grand kids. lol. an I just love this art. its fun an easy when you give it some time.I would say do what you like. and hubby can wait. ouch is he listening lol. but rely. when i retired , this was for me. and when i get the time, I'll do all those do your duetties when I get to it. lol. learning the scrollsaw tricks can be fun, as long as its not a job. I look forward to becoming your new friend in scrolling. and if ever, i can help with anything just give me a post. also there is lots more folks here that can give you thier exsperiance. Ps I am still learning, and need your quistions to give me more insight. always learning new things your new freind Evie

Comment

Welcome, MacMom!

I think you're amazing just trying to find the TIME to squeeze in scrolling with all that you've got gonig on in your life. Hope you'll find the scrolling truly relaxing; I find the focus and the quiet help me to regroup and better deal with the things that are stressful.

Take care and happy sawing!

Ann (another very new one)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by tgiro01
                One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
                Today, 08:18 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Interesting pallet
                by Rolf
                That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
                Today, 08:16 AM
              • Quartz43
                Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                by Quartz43
                I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
                Yesterday, 07:29 PM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Interesting pallet
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
                Yesterday, 07:27 PM
              • Misouri Wayne
                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                by Misouri Wayne
                Tough situation. Just have to take it one day at a time.
                Yesterday, 04:55 PM
              Working...
              X