new to forum and computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to forum and computers

Hello all, I found this forum while spending the morning in the house, pupping sitting our puppy who just had surgery. Not sure how I found it, but i'm glad I did!!! I hope to learn alot in the coming months. I will have alot of questions as i',m a beginner. I live in Ohio and have worked for the local school for the last 32yrs and will be retireing soon. I was hoping to find something to keep me busy. I have grandkids who are better with the computer than I am but I'm a fast learner. I guess i better go for now before I blow up the laptop. Till next time, keep smileing, it makes people wonder what you been doing!!!!! Rick

Hello Rick--
    Welcome to the group. I think you will like it here and the folks will be a great help if you are interested in pursuing scrolling as that "hobby" you mentioned. I am a recent retiree and making sawdust full time is a real kick. Hope to hear from you often.
    Moon
    Old Mooner

Comment

Rick,
      Welcome!!
      Here's hoping that the puppy is doing well.
      Do you have a scroll saw, or is this all new to you?
      Tell us some more about you - we're a good audience! (possibly much different than students!!)
      Sandy

Comment

Hello Rick

Rick a warning... Scrollsawing is addictive. But who care's, addictive is good. There are some very experieced scrollers in here. Very happy to help with any questions you have. Its a great hobby. The Gallery in here is inspirational.
        And if you don't have a scrollsaw, We'll even give you advice on choosing one. Look forward to hearing from you again. Have fun!!
        kerrie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
          Shrink wrap systems
          by Linda In Phoenix
          What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
          Today, 11:51 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Sundays market
          by Linda In Phoenix
          Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
          Today, 11:39 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to New tools
          by Linda In Phoenix
          New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
          Today, 11:36 AM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Reply to Interesting pallet
          by Linda In Phoenix
          At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
          Today, 11:32 AM
        • NC Scroller
          Reply to Interesting pallet
          by NC Scroller
          I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
          Today, 11:30 AM
        Working...
        X