Hello anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello anyone

My name is Jim Palmer. I live in the middle of Washington State. My forte is Intarsia. I do a little bit of scrolling besides that, but I love that Inatrsia which I've been doing for 9 or 10 years. Anyone else doing Intarsia??
    Write me at [email protected]

Hello Jim--Welcome to wonderland. You have come to a great forum with lots and lots of talent and good advice/comraderie. Many of the members do intarsia along with just about everything else a scroll saw can do. I suggest you take a gander at the "Scroller Galleries" under "Scrolling Community" just to the left side of the page. Those albums will give you some idea of what is being done. There is an "Intarsia" category to click on when you get to the galleries. Once again, glad to have you aboard.
    Moon
    Old Mooner

Comment

Hi Jim.. I'm also from Washington state, but I'm from Kalama, about 40 miles north of Portland. This is a great site with very experienced folks (not me) who will answer any and all questions. Welcome aboard

Comment

Hello Jim,

You'll find this site fantastic. Lots of knowledgable folks (and me!) and a sense of community.......
        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
          Reply to Demo display
          by Jim McDonald
          If you just do a Google search for 3d reindeer ornament, you should get several choices....
          Today, 03:41 PM
        • Jim McDonald
          Reply to Woodgrain Worked Against Me
          by Jim McDonald
          Woodgrain is like a straw sucking in the pigment, but I think you did a good job on a complex piece. Lots of patience for this pattern.
          Today, 01:42 PM
        • Rodney Brown
          by Rodney Brown
          Thanks Rolf,
          I actually tried painting the inside of the cuts before removing the pattern and tape. I initially used packing tape because I was out of painters tape. When I sprayed the cuts, apparently the paint bled into the fibers of the wood. But I have to say I have been redeemed by my wife....
          Today, 12:56 PM
        • Rolf
          by Rolf
          Nice project, I really like the design. You did use a tough piece of material, I would normally suggest cutting at least 3 layers of 1/8 BB because you will get requests of them. I am curious as to why you got some black bleeding into the grain? Is this mounted on a black backer ?
          Today, 08:56 AM
        • Rodney Brown
          Woodgrain Worked Against Me
          by Rodney Brown
          This is my latest project and I'm still up in the air about it. The wood was reclaimed from a table that someone had thrown away. It is 3/4 MDF with veneer on both sides. The project is 11 x 14 and is pretty heavy. The pattern was from "Grandpa" and I believe his real name is Paul. I used...
          Yesterday, 09:31 PM
        Working...
        X