Hello from NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from NJ

Hi! My name is Dan and I live in North West New Jersey. I recently joined the forum to ask a question about balde choice for my young teenager and was impressed with the helpful responses.

I have had a Dewalt saw for three years now with not nearly enough hours on it. A demanding job, two teenagers, a very long Honey Do list and a competing hobby keep getting in the way. But man do I have a lot of projects in mind!

I have been a woodworker for about 20 years now and am also an avid birder. Spring, summer and fall are mostly dedicated to birding and winter is when I move down in the basement.

A lot of my wood working projects intersect with my other hobby. I keep experimenting with nest boxes and I have some very unique feeders. I have made some beautiful lamps in a bird house style and other items.

Scrolling is relativly new to me. I was drawn to it after seeing some of Judy Gale's work. She has some great wild bird designs. I have yet to actually try one of these projects.

I keep having to remind myself that you have to be able to drive a car around the block before you can race NASCAR. I just get a little impatient sometimes.

The posts on this forum seem to be very helpful and I look forward to more good advice!
    Dan

-Just do'in the best I can every day

FINALLY another Jersyite. I am from central New Jersey. This is the state where TAXES are king and the citizens are the serfs. Welcome and you have joined a very friendly group that is full of something, what is it? Oh yea knowledge. So when the urge hits to ask a question or to just shoot the bull jump right in.
    John T.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
      Reply to Having a Betty week
      by handibunny
      Sorry to hear of your refrigerator troubles, but glad that Jane is doing well. Hope her recovery continues in that direction. Please send her our regards!
      Yesterday, 03:11 PM
    • Bill Wilson
      Reply to And now for the questions
      by Bill Wilson
      Improvisation is certainly acceptable, but some patterns are less forgiving than others. As someone else already said, learn to follow the lines as closely as possible. If you wander from the pattern lines, it is usually best if it is intentional. It takes some time and practice, so don't get too...
      Yesterday, 01:00 PM
    • markdavd
      Reply to And now for the questions
      by markdavd
      The lines matter if you are making a multi-layer project if you need things to line up, otherwise it's artist's interpretation.
      Yesterday, 11:24 AM
    • RJweb
      Reply to Having a Betty week
      by RJweb
      Good luck for your wife and hope she is feeling better, that sucks on the refrigerator, RJ...
      Yesterday, 11:03 AM
    • RJweb
      Reply to How to start the day
      by RJweb
      Good to hear, supporting the local business, we had our roof replaced back in September they had 11 (9 guys 2 girls ). Down here they only do 1 layer, so they removed old and replace any bad roof plywood, they did a great job, RJ...
      Yesterday, 10:58 AM
    Working...
    X