• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bishopkerrie
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenda
    hi everyone my first clock pattern is in the beginners picture gallery
    Thanks for sharing it with us Brenda. It looks great!!!
    Kerrie

Leave a comment:

• Brenda
    replied
    my first clock pattern

hi everyone my first clock pattern is in the beginners picture gallery

Leave a comment:

• bishopkerrie
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenda
    Thank yo all for your help
    i'm sure I will enjoy scrolling I've only started a month ago
    my first big project is a 3 ft clock with my own drwn pattern
    have a great day
    Wow brenda good for you!! I would love to see your projects sometime. I have only been scrolling for around 3months and loving it. I havnt been game to make a clock yet. Let me know how it goes.
    have fun
    kerrie

Leave a comment:

• jttheclockman
    replied
    Boy nothing like jumping in with both feet. I can say I have never done a 3 foot clock. Good luck and if there are questions just fire away. The size of the clock doesn't matter for they all are the basic assemblt procedure and cutting procedures just more of them.

Leave a comment:

• Brenda
    replied
    Thank yo all for your help
    i'm sure I will enjoy scrolling I've only started a month ago
    my first big project is a 3 ft clock with my own drwn pattern
    have a great day

Leave a comment:

• wmadden
    replied
    Doesnt look like a dozen in the picture but sure does not look like one either.

If memory serves they are in a pkg of 6. I can confirm this weekend if need be.

Leave a comment:

• oaklysawyer
    replied
    It says blade, not blades. Is $3.99 for one blade or for a dozen. Looks like one in the enlarged picture. If for one , the price is terrible.
    Fred

Leave a comment:

• wmadden
    replied
    3" Pin End SS Blades

I admit I am biased becuase I work there part time but Ace Hardware does carry the Olson blades as well. There is no way I would ever benifit from this post as each store is individually owned.

If your local Ace Hardware does not carry them they can order them. Or you can order them off of AceHardware.com and have them shipped to a local store free of charge.

Ace # 2034197
    * 3" long; pinned ends
    * 15 TPI; .150 width; .015 thick
    * Skip style teeth for wood; plastic and thin mild metals
    * Hobby scroll saw blades for Dremel Motosaw; Sears Craftsman Hobby Scroll Saw; Delta 15" Hobby Scroll Saw and Emco Lux Hobby Saw
    http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...entPage=search

This appears to be the same thing but there are two choices....
    http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...entPage=search

Hope this hels you find what you are looking for.

Bill.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    another source.

Olson makes a replacement 3" blade for that saw along with the all the others like Sears etc. Scroll it carries them for $9.99 a dozen.

Glad I found them I just sent an old Dremel saw to my nephews.

Leave a comment:

• Mick Walker
    replied
    Hi Brenda, try this site for patterns. http://groups.msn.com/scrollsawportraits
    Another one is www.scrollsawyer.vstore.ca
    Mick.

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Yes indeed,youve joined a nice group of people,all of us willing to help. There even hasnt really been much bullying with egos on here.If you ever need advice,someone here is sure to help you out. Yes,my method...put clear packing tape over the wood,it lubricates the blade,as well as makes pattern removal easier.thenm,with spray adhesive,stick a photocopied pattern to the tape. Drill the holes,and cut it out. Afterwards,peel off the pattern and tape,(if its hard to peel off,use a hairdryer to help loosen the tape),then sand it lightly,and finish! Your going to get so addicted to scrollsawing you are going to wonder how you lived so long without it!

Leave a comment:

• bishopkerrie
    replied
    new scroller

Hi Brenda,
    Nice to see a new scroller on here. I have been scrolling for about 6months and loving it. I still have a lot to learn. And this site is a great avenue for increased learning. Everyone trys to help where they can.
    Have fun
    kerrie

Leave a comment:

• oaklysawyer
    replied
    No problem. get 3" blades here.

http://www.woodparts.ca/Assets/produ...xid=315R5II3SB

Load pdf and scroll to bottom left.

Cheaper than buying a saw if you are satisfied with your present one

Leave a comment:

• anneprice
    replied
    new scroller

Hi brenda,
    Great to see another new scroller on here. This is a great site for learning.
    cheers
    Anne

Leave a comment:

• 3_M
    replied
    Mico-Mark website is: www.micromark.com. I could not find the 3" pin blades. Years ago I bought them at Sears. I don't think they have them anymore but you could check with them. They might have some left someplace.
    It might be time to get a new saw, like the 16: Varaible speed Delta. Around $ 100.00. http://www.amazon.com/gp/homepage.ht...666778-8440159
    You could cut a lot more intricate patterns with regular 5" flat blades. It takes a big hole to do inside cuttings with a pin blade.
    Mike M

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
    by will8989
    He did the Baltimore run in October and finished in a little over 10 minutes. Of course it’s a very hilly course here and flat in San Antonio. Very proud of all of them.
    Today, 01:10 AM
  • Rodney Brown
    Reply to San Antonio Rock N’Roll
    by Rodney Brown
    Congrats to all. I'm doing good to run to the bathroom! 😅
    Yesterday, 09:50 PM
  • will8989
    San Antonio Rock N’Roll
    by will8989
    Its a marathon not a dance. My 14 year old grandson ran a 8:50 mile in the 10k and finished 150 out of 1550 runners! My 12 year old granddaughter ran a 11:16 mile and came in 661 out of 1600 runners. Beat her mother by 100th of a second! I’m sure Sarah let her cross the line first. Tomorrow is the...
    Yesterday, 03:05 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Today’s market
    by will8989
    I’m toast! All orders picked up, almost everything sold from the table. Did I say something about taking off tomorrow​​​​​? Nope....
    Yesterday, 02:54 PM
  • tgiro01
    Reply to Ornament Exchange 2021
    by tgiro01
    I must apologize to everyone on the list. I'm afraid my ornaments will be late. Thursday afternoon, Connie got checked into the hospital with congestive heart failure. Between that and her alzheimers, it has been an interesting couple of days. Once she is released from the hospital, she will go to an...
    Yesterday, 01:58 PM
Working...
X