new to scroll sawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to scroll sawing

hi IM new to this group and was wundering if any one has any idea wher i can get 3inch pinned blades i have 1571 dremal saw and can not find them in Maine
    also looking for patterns and how to do fret work on how to put things to gether like clocks or other things the work is so fine and dont want to break it .do u have to us put your pattern on you work or just or can i just traceit i on ...thanks Brendalee

Hello Brenda--
    Welcome to the best scrolling forum in existence. Always glad to have a "newbie" enter the scrolling experience and the forum. There is an outfit called "MicroMark" which deals in miniature tools and hobby supplies. They put out a catalog, but I think they have a web site (doesn't everybody?). You might try a search engine to find them. It may be just www.micromark.com . They might have the Dremel blades.
    Moon
    Old Mooner

Comment

Wecome Brenda, check with Mike at www.mikesworkshop.com, he may be able to help you. I have seen those 3" blades somewhere but can't remember where. Mick
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mooner
        Hello Brenda--
        Welcome to the best scrolling forum in existence. Always glad to have a "newbie" enter the scrolling experience and the forum. There is an outfit called "MicroMark" which deals in miniature tools and hobby supplies. They put out a catalog, but I think they have a web site (doesn't everybody?). You might try a search engine to find them. It may be just www.micromark.com . They might have the Dremel blades.
        Moon
        Thank you Moon is there any advise you can give a newbie like me
        i really would like to learn how to do clocks just not sure how to put them together..Brenda

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Walker
          Wecome Brenda, check with Mike at www.mikesworkshop.com, he may be able to help you. I have seen those 3" blades somewhere but can't remember where. Mick
          HI thank you i even called dremal and they dont even make them any more
          do u know where i might gt some free paterns

Comment

Brenda

Welcome aboard. As far as the blades you can check with Micromark but I have misplaced my catalog just type in the name and it will lead you there. Also as far as free patterns look on the left side of this page and scroll down to Scrolling Community and click on free Scrollsaw Patterns. You can also do a Google search and you will get hundreds of hits.

As far as putting clocks together you do not mention your skill level and woodworking abilities. I would highly suggest getting a beginners book such as John Nelson's books and they will explain and have photos to help. Then when you have specific questions come back here and you will get tons of help. Good luck.
            John T.

Comment

Mico-Mark website is: www.micromark.com. I could not find the 3" pin blades. Years ago I bought them at Sears. I don't think they have them anymore but you could check with them. They might have some left someplace.
              It might be time to get a new saw, like the 16: Varaible speed Delta. Around $ 100.00. http://www.amazon.com/gp/homepage.ht...666778-8440159
              You could cut a lot more intricate patterns with regular 5" flat blades. It takes a big hole to do inside cuttings with a pin blade.
              Mike M
              SD Mike

Comment

new scroller

Hi brenda,
                Great to see another new scroller on here. This is a great site for learning.
                cheers
                Anne

Comment

No problem. get 3" blades here.

http://www.woodparts.ca/Assets/produ...xid=315R5II3SB

Load pdf and scroll to bottom left.

Cheaper than buying a saw if you are satisfied with your present one

Comment

new scroller

Hi Brenda,
                    Nice to see a new scroller on here. I have been scrolling for about 6months and loving it. I still have a lot to learn. And this site is a great avenue for increased learning. Everyone trys to help where they can.
                    Have fun
                    kerrie

Comment

Yes indeed,youve joined a nice group of people,all of us willing to help. There even hasnt really been much bullying with egos on here.If you ever need advice,someone here is sure to help you out. Yes,my method...put clear packing tape over the wood,it lubricates the blade,as well as makes pattern removal easier.thenm,with spray adhesive,stick a photocopied pattern to the tape. Drill the holes,and cut it out. Afterwards,peel off the pattern and tape,(if its hard to peel off,use a hairdryer to help loosen the tape),then sand it lightly,and finish! Your going to get so addicted to scrollsawing you are going to wonder how you lived so long without it!
                      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Hi Brenda, try this site for patterns. http://groups.msn.com/scrollsawportraits
                        Another one is www.scrollsawyer.vstore.ca
                        Mick.
                        Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

another source.

Olson makes a replacement 3" blade for that saw along with the all the others like Sears etc. Scroll it carries them for $9.99 a dozen.

Glad I found them I just sent an old Dremel saw to my nephews.
                          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

3" Pin End SS Blades

I admit I am biased becuase I work there part time but Ace Hardware does carry the Olson blades as well. There is no way I would ever benifit from this post as each store is individually owned.

If your local Ace Hardware does not carry them they can order them. Or you can order them off of AceHardware.com and have them shipped to a local store free of charge.

Ace # 2034197
                            * 3" long; pinned ends
                            * 15 TPI; .150 width; .015 thick
                            * Skip style teeth for wood; plastic and thin mild metals
                            * Hobby scroll saw blades for Dremel Motosaw; Sears Craftsman Hobby Scroll Saw; Delta 15" Hobby Scroll Saw and Emco Lux Hobby Saw
                            http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...entPage=search

This appears to be the same thing but there are two choices....
                            http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...entPage=search

Hope this hels you find what you are looking for.

Bill.

Comment

It says blade, not blades. Is $3.99 for one blade or for a dozen. Looks like one in the enlarged picture. If for one , the price is terrible.
                              Fred

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X