Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uk scroller

hi all,

my name is frank and i am in the uk, just joined up! after looking in for a week or two. doesen't seem to be much for scrollers here in the uk,
    i haven't been scrolling long , but i use my saw for making wooden toys
    mainly for my grand children, etc
    by for now,

frank.

Hi Frank

Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us here from the UK. Indeed, there are even some of us from the midlands .

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Welcome Frank. Anything you need you can ask. Somebody will have an answer for ya.

Comment

Welcome to the group Frank. Just so you and Gill know, my son, Reade, was born in England. I was stationed at a place called RAF Chicksands close to Bedford (I actually lived in Ampthill) with the U.S. Air Force from 1964-67. He was born at South Ruislip base hospital so he has dual citizenship. That was a long time ago but I still have fond memories of my stint in the U.K. Once again, hope you enjoy the group Frank.
        Old Mooner

Comment

Welcome Frank-- may your scrolling days be happy !!!!

Comment

Welcome, Frank. Lots of ideas and great advice on these forums to help you along.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
              Reply to New tools
              by jim_mex
              Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
              Yesterday, 11:14 PM
            • Hobbyhorse
              Reply to New tools
              by Hobbyhorse
              Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
              Yesterday, 11:03 PM
            • Hobbyhorse
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by Hobbyhorse
              Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
              Yesterday, 10:58 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by KarlB
              Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
              Yesterday, 09:41 PM
            • KarlB
              Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
              by KarlB
              Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
              Yesterday, 09:31 PM
            Working...
            X