Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uk scroller

hi all,

my name is frank and i am in the uk, just joined up! after looking in for a week or two. doesen't seem to be much for scrollers here in the uk,
    i haven't been scrolling long , but i use my saw for making wooden toys
    mainly for my grand children, etc
    by for now,

frank.

Hi Frank

Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us here from the UK. Indeed, there are even some of us from the midlands .

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Welcome Frank. Anything you need you can ask. Somebody will have an answer for ya.

Comment

Welcome to the group Frank. Just so you and Gill know, my son, Reade, was born in England. I was stationed at a place called RAF Chicksands close to Bedford (I actually lived in Ampthill) with the U.S. Air Force from 1964-67. He was born at South Ruislip base hospital so he has dual citizenship. That was a long time ago but I still have fond memories of my stint in the U.K. Once again, hope you enjoy the group Frank.
        Old Mooner

Comment

Welcome Frank-- may your scrolling days be happy !!!!

Comment

Welcome, Frank. Lots of ideas and great advice on these forums to help you along.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Wood turning stuff.
              by Rolf
              I have several bowls that I have turned a few are natural edge or have distorted a bit over time and I have not been able to finish the bottoms to my satisfaction.
              I have had a vacuum chuck for many years but getting the bowl centered is always a challenge. So I bought this setup https://ww...
              Today, 09:08 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to New turning tools
              by Rolf
              I have not had the time to tackle this project but it will be done at some point.
              Today, 08:59 AM
            • will8989
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by will8989
              Thanks Rolf. You said in way less words than I did....
              Today, 08:54 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Tough Decisions
              by Rolf
              Most of the books have the page size pattern with a scaling factor on the page. I am fine with that. Then there is the issue of the less computer literate who will have no clue about scaling or have the resources to do so. Maybe for the oversize patterns have an additional scaled copy to fit a standard...
              Today, 08:49 AM
            • millwab
              Reply to Source for 5-Ply poplar plywood?
              by millwab
              I’ve migrated to poplar from Baltic birch for my puzzles in part because it’s easier to cut and doesn’t wear out blades as quickly as the BB does. I can usually cut 5x the number of puzzle pieces in poplar than BB with each blade. I currently get my poplar ply from Cherry Tree. They sell it in...
              Yesterday, 11:30 PM
            Working...
            X