Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbee here

Hello guys, (and gals?)

I am brand new to the forum and the hobby, have done a little scrollsawing and sum woodworking, NOT much though. I am 59, have 3 adopted children at home and raised 4 children. Hope to learn sum things here!

Dennis

Hi Denkies

Welcome aboard .

Anyone who can raise the sort of family you have is a hero in my book. Is that three adopted at home and four more who are out in the big wide world? Sheesh! I'm surprised you haven't sought refuge in a workshop before now . Come to that, I'm surprised you haven't sought refuge in a monastery .

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Welcome Dennis .......pull up a stool - and sit a spell. Good to have you join us. There is a lot of people here to help and answer any question you have --rember the only stupid question is the one you were afraid to ask --- so have a cup of coffee and don't mind the sawdust --it gives pleasure to say "Howdy " from my shack in Ne Texas ...

Comment

Thanks Ya'll

Hello Gill, Sharon,

Yuppers I have 3 adopted siblings at home and four that have left the nest so to speak.

I am not a jhero, just a fellow that wants to help a few kids have a better chance. I am a cancer survivor, and as the good Lord gave me another chance, I must do the same for some kids at risk.

I used to hide on my 'puter, but this is so much more satisfying! And I get to make sum of that fine sawdust ya'll love so much. It sure is addicting!!!!!!!

Dennis

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
          Reply to Interesting pallet
          by Jim McDonald
          I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
          But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
          Today, 08:17 PM
        • Quartz43
          Reply to New tools
          by Quartz43
          I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
          Today, 03:40 PM
        • hotshot
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by hotshot
          You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
          Today, 02:27 PM
        • RJweb
          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
          by RJweb
          I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
          Today, 01:31 PM
        • Linda In Phoenix
          Shrink wrap systems
          by Linda In Phoenix
          What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
          Today, 11:51 AM
        Working...
        X