Junior/Senior Members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior/Senior Members?

I have searched the FAQs and can't seem to find an answer: What is the designation of "Senior/Junior" member supposed to mean and how is the title conferred? I note that I am a "junior" member and someone who joined after me is a "senior" member. Is it based the number of times logged on, or the number of posts, or age, or the degree of curmudgeonliness? Since my log in name is "Old Mooner" it seems funny to be junior Old Mooner. Oh well, just asking.
    Old Mooner

I believe it is based on the number of posts you have.
    T
    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Junior/Senior

Hi Moon...welcome back!! I always thought it was based on how long a person had been a member of the board but I guess I was wrong. Must be the number of posts because I noticed our friend Gill has achieved Senior status and I don't think it has anything to do with her age. I know you've been around the board for a while but have seen only four posts. Just gotta talk more Moon!!
      If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Status

I was hoping junior was for size but once I became a senior I thought it was an age or wisdom thing.
        Now I am oblivious to status. I just want to saw.

It is based on the number of posts, just remember there is no turning back
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Does this mean ????

Being a junior member I guess now I have to answer all the letters online instead of just in my head because I am defiantly not a junior nor new to this sight..-- Give a woman a excuse to talk and we will ---he he he

Comment

I guess I have my answer. The status(?) of being "senior" is conferred by some mysterious "post counter" in the sky (sounds like something from Stephen King's Dark Tower series). In other words you become "senior" by being gabby. No thanks. I learn more from listening (reading?) than talking. By the way Neal, I have the tiger all cut out and am in the process of staining. I took your advice on the black majic marker. Will see how it turns out. I have also completed the "segmented" lizard and am part way through the butterfly (man, those 1/8" plywood pieces are hard to separate after stack cutting). I have never done so many projects from one issue before. Great stuff!
            Old Mooner

Comment

Tiger Project

Be sure and post a picture when you finish the tiger Moon. I've never seen one of my patterns completed by someone else. Also, if you would, let me know how difficult you found it to be. I have been concerned that I didn't provide adequate instructions in the article for someone who has never done segmented portraits. One of the projects slated for the book has 85 reference photos for "how to" from start to finish.

Comment

Neal--

I have given this considerable thought (note how long it has taken me to reply) and I must admit (I'll whisper this), I do not know how to post a picture. There, my dirty secret is out. Even though I used to drive high speed aircraft and baby sit nuclear missiles, I am technologically deficient by today's standards. I wil, however, research the problem and, if all else fails, I will, God forbid, snailmail a photo to you via the magazine or something.
                Old Mooner

Comment

Uploading pictures

Hi Moon...Uploading pics. is no problem....Just go to the gallery and click on " upload photos". Then scroll down and click one of the "browse" windows. This will allow you to go to the picture you want from your computer. Click the picture then click open. The picture should start uploading. the pictore can be no larger than 1250PPI (pixels) on its longest side. I'm having problems uploading right now getting a fatal error, but will get Rob to fix it for me Monday. You might experience the same problem. If so, just let Bob Duncan know and they'll take care of it. You can also attach thumbnails to posts on the message board by clicking "manage attachments". These pics can be no larger than about 700 x 500 ppi. Just click manage attachments the rest is just like attaching a pic. to e-mail. Hope this helps!!

Comment

Thanks for the info Neal I was wondering that myself

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                      Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                      by jim_mex
                      Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
                      Today, 12:25 AM
                    • keystonecop
                      Bread and Cheese..
                      by keystonecop
                      ‚Äč Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red...
                      Today, 12:08 AM
                    • keystonecop
                      Reply to Recommendations anyone?
                      by keystonecop
                      This is in a 5x5 area.. The total shop is 10x12 ...
                      Today, 12:01 AM
                    • jim_mex
                      Reply to Turning to something new
                      by jim_mex
                      Wow! That segmented bowl is amazing!

Betty - I have an old Darth Vader helmet somewhere. Will that substitute Bruce's get up? Failing that there always my current biker's helmet Thanks very much for the safety advice and concern. Rest assured that safety is my priority these days....
                      Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Turning to something new
                      by will8989
                      That is beautiful. Your design?
                      Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                    Working...
                    X